The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-05-2024, 06:47 PM

This is just a repackaged Headrush Looperboard. Just with less switches because somehow that's a good thing?
Old 03-05-2024, 08:37 PM

FYI: My perspective is from one who already uses the Looperboard regularly.

Well, I tested the Sheeran Looper X out over the weekend and am sending it back but am open to picking one up in the future if they fix the following:

1) Restore the capability of assigning FX racks to instrument inputs. Right now they are only assignable to tracks. I checked with Headrush and they confirmed this. This is a dealbreaker for me because I assign all my instruments to all tracks so I can assign any instrument to any track at any time. I also want to use the fx through the PA whether I am currently looping a track or not.

2) Restore the "Pedal Start/Stop" functions from the "Pedal Settings" menu and make them assignable to the top layer of footswitches (#s 1-4) so they will function as start/stop switches.

They've limited the Sheeran X's capabilities to make it conform to Ed Sheeran's flow. They need to make it as flexible as the Looperboard (and beyond) to be able to accommodate different workflows. Here's a brief video describing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QDDUEzMPms

If they make the changes I need, I'll seriously consider purchasing again, but for now I don't want to keep my money tied up in something I can't use.
Old 03-06-2024, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikron View Post
This is just a repackaged Headrush Looperboard. Just with less switches because somehow that's a good thing?
Doesn't seem like it's just a repackage from all the reviews I've seen about it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification