The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-30-2019, 01:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtheaxe View Post
I put a Schaller roller bridge on my Gibson SG, which didn't sound very good by itself, but sounded great in conjunction with the Bigsby B5...in fact, overall tone was much improved by adding the B5 (used the Vibramate mounting plate) with it's extra mass, along with the roller bridge.

Stewmac's roller bridge I think is pretty much a copy of the far more expensive Schaller.
I added a Stewmac roller bridge to my old CP Jag. It was a great addition for very little money. Far better than the stock Fender junk bridge that did nothing but rattle.

I’ve not had any issue with my Gretsch bridge but am going to file this suggestion away for future consideration if necessary.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpspitfire View Post
nice looking ax, btw- whats that acoustic amp sitting on the floor?
Thank you!

That is an Acoustic B100 100w bass amp. I bought it and an Ibanez GSR200SM together for 400 bucks a little more than a year ago. We've added a Gretsch Junior Jet short scale bass since. The amp is probably under powered for gigging, but not too shabby for home play and recording as it has a D/O connection (muck like the Fishman Loudbox sitting on top of it). It will shake the windows in the house. We have quite a few basses in the house too. I bought a Fishman pickup for one of my wife's 3/4 upright basses. Sounds good all amped up.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars