The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Charter Member

Default Duncan afrika guitars ....

Greetings fellow pluckers --

Been doing some reading here on the forum and on Duncan Afrika's site about this project and their custom guitars.

Is there anyone in our vast and varied forum population who has one of their Jumbos and can share their experience and opinion about it?

This micro-economy project makes so much sense and has so much potential it makes me want to jump up and down with joy; a practical, direct way to build a vehicle out of abject poverty and chaos that is bound to take root over time. If I were actually rich, regardless of the present build level, I'd have to buy a half dozen of them and target them at already committed students of guitar. Alas, that is not the case, so the best I can do is support the effort by purchasing one or two for myself (over a bit of time) if they will meet my musical goals/needs?

Always half to laugh when I express a need that relates to another guitar; my wife gets immeasurable delight from pointing out that no one needs "another guitar" want, maybe -- need is maybe a stretch. I always remind her that she doesn't wear the same outfit or shoes everyday -- usually unsuccessfully -- someone who shops at Ross and Marshalls never gets close to the price of a nice custom acoustic. If anybody has invented a better argument, I'd be interested in hearing that as well.

Back to the subject ... would like to hear about some firsthand owners' take on these folks guitars. Thanks and cheers

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop