The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-19-2021, 07:24 AM

Default Fender Acoustasonic (Player model)

Anyone have experience with it with a Fishman Mini Loud Box?
I've become intrigued with them- but none of the videos I saw used the Mini Loud Box- apparently the "Player" model is all that and a bag-o-chips and quite a bit less expensive than the US made model- just curious.
Old 11-19-2021, 05:58 PM

No experience.

The acoustic sounds are meant for use with PA system or smaller device (of which the Fishman is an example) that tries to be a self-contained PA that you can carry in one hand. It appears that even the electric sounds on this model are also designed more for that kind of amp/PA too, adding a bit of "guitar amp" like gain/EQ to the output of the magnetic pickup.

So for example, in the Andertons video they show their guy playing Tele electric type parts direct into their PA.

For the kinds of things I see you doing, a conventional microphone will give you better acoustic sound at a lower price, but as a stage guitar they could have a place.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 11-20-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHudson View Post
No experience.

The acoustic sounds are meant for use with PA system or smaller device (of which the Fishman is an example) that tries to be a self-contained PA that you can carry in one hand. It appears that even the electric sounds on this model are also designed more for that kind of amp/PA too, adding a bit of "guitar amp" like gain/EQ to the output of the magnetic pickup.

So for example, in the Andertons video they show their guy playing Tele electric type parts direct into their PA.

For the kinds of things I see you doing, a conventional microphone will give you better acoustic sound at a lower price, but as a stage guitar they could have a place.
Thank you Frank.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars