The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 10-25-2021, 07:28 AM

Default Thinking about a Washburn resonator

Someone is selling a Washburn R360SMK-R nearby.
It looks good visually and the YouTube videos I've found on the instrument sound pretty good. Does anyone have one of these, good or bad? He seems to be charging more than they once sold for new but maybe he'll negotiate.
Any feed back appreciated.

Last edited by Bluesra; 10-25-2021 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-26-2021, 06:55 AM
Charter Member

In 2013 after a 25-30 year downtime I started playing my guitar on a regular basis again and when I decided it was time for a new and nicer guitar I saw one of those & ordered it from GC. I hadn't played one but I had a Washburn guitar from the 80's that is ok & a nice Washburn mandolin from the 70's so I thought it would be a nice guitar. It was not. Full of rattles & buzzes & the workmanship was definitively 2nd class. A Gretch I'd played was better for half the price so back it went. Sounds like you'll have a chance to try before you buy? If not, I'd avoid it unless it can be returned if you don't like it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments