The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-22-2021, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spats Davenport View Post
I have the DR. The recorded sound is very good, it would take a long time to set the mic position to give a better one.
yes agreed, it's good.

not as good as the one in my JVM 50 watt head but pretty darn good all the same

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)
Old 11-24-2021, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylor View Post
I have played both the Twin and the Deluxe and really liked both. As soon as Fender makes a Princeton, I’m in — that’s about as large of an amp as I’d ever want or need in terms of footprint
I imagine all the Tone Masters have the same circuit cards except for the one for the front panel knobs (the power amp module is 100 watts in 8 ohms and 200 into 4). Here is a picture of the Deluxe:

Might be a tight fit into a Princeton size... BTW, that heat sink is for the processor card, not the combined power supply and power amp which is on the right.

I again A-B tested my TMDR vs. my Mustang Micro into a QSC CP-8. No matter how I adjusted the backside EQ on the CP-8 or the Micro's tone rocker I could not get it to sound bad, but I could not get that perfect sparkle of the TMDR.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

Last edited by jonfields45; 11-25-2021 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-24-2021, 05:13 PM
Charter Member

I find this discussion super interesting. I have a nice custom Tele and a 68 Princeton re-issue. I haven't been playing the electric much at all because I'm not into cranking the volume on the amp to get the tones I want. I have tried modeling amps, but the number of settings and options drive me buggy. But these Tone Master amps look very intriguing. A simple interface that can provide some classic sounds at a volume that won't drive the dog out of the house or the neighbours to my front door. I agree, a Princeton Tone Master would be ideal. But I'm definitely going to check out the DR and TR. Who knows, maybe I'll dust off my Tele and start having a different kind of guitar fun.
Old 11-24-2021, 06:03 PM

I have gravitated towards playing my acoustic guitar more and more as I've gotten older. To give you an idea, back in my blues rock band days my stage name was "Elmo P. Wilde" - don't ask me why. For the last several years it's been Captain Khaki for my mellow acoustic interpretations.

I'd sold my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe years ago, in part because it was soooo heavy. I recently got a Deluxe Reverb TM and am now dusting off my electric at more and more gigs. It's light and really sounds like my old tube amps.

Credit to Fender for using digital technology to focus on getting ONE sound right versus giving us mediocre modeling of dozens of amp.
Ovation 1984 Collector's
Takamine FP317S New Yorker
Ibanez George Benson
Gibson 339
Gibson 2017 J45 Custom
Huss & Dalton CM sinker redwood
Emerald X20 Woody
Tom Anderson Crowdster Plus
Maton Nashville 808
Maton Messiah

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars