The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-04-2015, 11:18 AM

It was just the actual donate form that was is Swedish but I've just found that if you click on the question mark by the side of each box it gives a translation.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:40 PM
Humanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkostal View Post
I wanted to take a moment to give each of your an update on the situation with Gustav's funeral arrangements for those that are interested.

I have been in contact with the family, and with his girlfriend and fellow luthier Sharleen on a somewhat regular basis these last couple days. Everyone is getting through this as well as can be expected, and they have been very grateful for the outpouring of support and love for Gustav and his family during this difficult time.

The funeral is scheduled for next Friday, March 13th. Anyone interested in sending flowers can send them to the funeral home below:

Begravningsbyrån Eilert Ahlstrand
Södra Kyrkogatan 10
531 02 Lidköping
Tel. 0510 - 285 80
Fax. 0510 - 682 94
[email protected]

If you feel so inclined, the family has asked that those interested, in lieu of flowers, make a donation to Suicide Zero, a Swedish non-profit working towards helping prevent suicide. Their website is http://suicidezero.se

I will be in Sweden for the funeral, and to help the family and Sharleen in any way that I can. If any of you need anything from me, please do not hesitate to contact me at jason@kostalguitars.

Likewise, I have been in touch with many of the clients/ dealers that had placed deposits on orders. If you, or someone you know, placed a deposit with Gustav, please get in touch with me. I will need verifiable documentation (wire transfer form/ dates/ amounts/ cashed check, etc,) and will present information to the family. They are aware of the situation and will work to refund any money owed. Please send the information to me, so that I can compile it and give it to the family at one time. I will not be addressing any business related things until after the funeral, and it may take some time to get it sorted out, so please be patient. I am doing this as a favor to the family only, and have no real voice in what is done, or how it is done, but am rather just trying to alleviate them of some of the burden right now.

A sincere thank you to Trevor at TAMCO, and some of the others that have reached out and asked what they can do for the family. I will definitely let you know as opportunities become available.

As always, if I can be of any assistance, do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

Respectfully,

Jason Kostal

Safe travels, my friend...
100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner
Old 03-07-2015, 10:01 AM

Default Please send my condolences.

Dear Jason,

I'm Lim Sin Siang, Gustav was working on my guitar when he passed as told to me by Sharleen. I have sent my condolences to Sharleen via Facebook message. But I do not know the rest of the family. So if possible since you are there, please send my condolences to the rest of the family. Hope that they stay strong during this period. Gustav was a good man. Thank you.

p.s. I've tried to donate to the site but the same sweedish form came up for me as well. Guess I'll ask them for a donation form in english if possible.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:52 PM
Charter Member

Mr. Siang,

I will see if I can get a better link, or at least some information regarding a donation. I will definitely pass on your condolences to the family, as well as those of the whole community here on AGF. It is a very sad and difficult time for everyone that knew Gustav, but it has also been truly incredible to see, and experience first hand, the outpouring of support and kind words from many of the men and women on the AGF... many of whom never knew Gustav personally. He touched a lot of people with his work, and I know that the family and Sharleen greatly appreciate everyone's kind words, thoughts and prayers.

Respectfully,

Jason Kostal
Old 03-09-2015, 10:11 AM
Charter Member

Here is the most recent update for anyone interested.

Anyone wishing to donate to Suicide Zero and is having problems doing so through their website can donate via wire transfer using the following information:

BIC SWEDSESS
IBAN SE 8000 0890 1193 4545 9458

The IBAN is essentially the account number in this case.

Also, if anyone is interested in writing notes to the family, or memorial messages to Gustav, they can do so by emailing [email protected] and they will print them out and provide them to the family.

Thank you again for everyone's support, and thank you to the moderators for allowing me to post this unpleasant news on the forum.

Respectfully,

Jason Kostal
Old 03-14-2015, 10:00 AM
Humanist

Jason is in Sweden now, and he just posted a simply beautiful and sadly poignant photo on the Book of Face, which I will re-post here.

Thank you for this, Jason.

100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner
Old 03-15-2015, 04:39 PM

Jason, thanks for all you're doing. I got to know Gustav last year at the Sarzana Festival in Italy where we were exhibiting next to each other for three days and was deeply shocked by his death.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:32 PM

Smile a big thank you

Hi folks,

Some of you know me and some maybe not, but I am Gustav's girlfriend, fellow luthier, shop-mate, partner, etc. I just wanted to write a quick note and thank you for all your kind words about Gustav. It is so wonderful to hear how well liked and respected he was not only as a guitar-builder but as a person. I also want to thank all of you who have offered your support to me during this time while I grieve and begin the process of starting my shop and life over on my own back in Canada. I am endlessly grateful. I hope to see you all in person sometime soon (perhaps at Woodstock or Holy Grail), so I can meet and thank you all in person.
xo

take care,

Sharleen
Old 04-20-2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssimmons View Post
Hi folks,

Some of you know me and some maybe not, but I am Gustav's girlfriend, fellow luthier, shop-mate, partner, etc. I just wanted to write a quick note and thank you for all your kind words about Gustav. It is so wonderful to hear how well liked and respected he was not only as a guitar-builder but as a person. I also want to thank all of you who have offered your support to me during this time while I grieve and begin the process of starting my shop and life over on my own back in Canada. I am endlessly grateful. I hope to see you all in person sometime soon (perhaps at Woodstock or Holy Grail), so I can meet and thank you all in person.
xo

take care,

Sharleen
Hi Sharleen, I cannot imagine how you must have felt/are feeling and I send my deepest condolences. I can only say how brave you are to pick yourself up and continue on this journey.

I am sure you will make it far and don't ever give up hope! God bless.

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 04-21-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Hi Sharleen, I cannot imagine how you must have felt/are feeling and I send my deepest condolences. I can only say how brave you are to pick yourself up and continue on this journey.

I am sure you will make it far and don't ever give up hope! God bless.
I can't add anything to these sage words.

Indeed, a colleague of mine took his own life this last weekend. It's a sad indictment that this act seems to be increasingly popular in the world we live in.

In happier times, I do hope that I will be able to play one of your wonderful guitars.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 04-21-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssimmons View Post
Hi folks,

xo

take care,

Sharleen
Hi Sharleen, My Condolences to you and Gustav's family. I met Gustav at the Montreal guitar show and he was across from my table. I found him to be a highlight of that time for both myself and my son and will miss him.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and may you be successful with the establishing of your shop. Im sure the skills and talents that Gustav shared with you will be carried on.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop