The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-15-2019, 10:40 AM

Default MP4 Video Question and Panorama...

I recently returned from a trip with my son. he shot drone footage in 4K which is stunning on my tablet but it will not run on my PC . Tried media player and VLC but nothing happens. Is there a player i should try or some other solution? Once it runs I'd like to create a panorama photo from the video and would like some advice on that as well. PC is running Windows 7 12GB ram...Thank you in advance
Old 01-15-2019, 05:10 PM

MP4 should work in both Media Player and VLC through Windows 7; I have Windows 7 in one of my computers--no problem at all playing MP4 in both VLC and Media Player. Maybe it's such a huge file that it requires an inordinate period of time to load. Perhaps you're not really working with MP4, to begin with. Possibly your video codecs are funky, not at all conducive to transfer. Just a thought here--as a test control measure, make certain that you can play a proved MP4 through your system.

You could try RealPlayer, as well, by the way; an added bonus is that you can easily download YouTube videos with RealPlayer--in MP4 format. VLC also provides downloading capabilities of YouTube videos in MP4, of course, but the process is a little more involved.

To create a panorama photo, you need to take a screen shot. While a video is running--at the point where you want to capture what's going on at that specific instant of activity--just punch the Print Screen key on the keyboard (or, alternately Ctrl and Print Screen). That will load the screen shot in the clipboard for transfer to the image editing software for digital manipulations.

Last edited by Inyo; 01-16-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:30 PM

Thanks for the information..It was helpful

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic