The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-31-2020, 03:02 PM
Charter Member

Reviving an old thread. I switched over to the optima gold a little while ago and visibly they don't appear dead yet ...

But ...

I have been experimenting with recording my x7 I'm getting what comes across as a very harsh attack particularly when playing a bass accompany with melody in a strong beat. Now obviously could be my playing although I keep trying to vary my technique to see what I can do and I'm not getting the same sound on another guitar.

I also don't notice it when I'm playing and not recording with my x7 nylon.

Anyone else notice anything similar with the optima gold or older nylon strings or their x7?

Any other thought on what to look for?
Old 12-31-2020, 04:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
Reviving an old thread. I switched over to the optima gold a little while ago and visibly they don't appear dead yet ...

But ...

I have been experimenting with recording my x7 I'm getting what comes across as a very harsh attack particularly when playing a bass accompany with melody in a strong beat. Now obviously could be my playing although I keep trying to vary my technique to see what I can do and I'm not getting the same sound on another guitar.

I also don't notice it when I'm playing and not recording with my x7 nylon.

Anyone else notice anything similar with the optima gold or older nylon strings or their x7?

Any other thought on what to look for?

Hey Aspiring,
I haven’t recorded anything with the X7 nylon thus have nothing to add. I’m interested to hear what others may have experienced.

Of note, Hannabach Goldin strings with carbon trebles thus far are my favorite strings on this guitar and the only strings I’ve reinstalled as I’ve worked through my extended string experiment.

Happy New Year,
Tom

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber