The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 05-03-2019, 09:20 PM

Default Quick Demo of LR Baggs Lyric

Now I am not very proud of this little clip but I just wanted to make a little demo of the LR Baggs Lyric that I installed on my Taylor last Sunday.

This is direct in to my interface without any post eq settings or any other compression effects at all.

The first 40 seconds is just the Lyric in my guitar. Then I turned on my Boss RV5 reverb pedal and that comes in after 40 seconds. I wanted to add some kind of internal system to record with a few effects.

I am pleased with the sound. however, not so much with my playing. But hey this is not a contest. It is just a little something in case any of you were considering it.

Just click on the link and it will be the first tune on the song list.

https://www.reverbnation.com/timh73
Old 05-04-2019, 02:58 PM

I guess my demo sucks. 153 views without and feedback on the sound. I must need to redo it and try again.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:01 PM

Actually, I think is sounds great. I would use that for sure.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:06 PM

I think it sounds far better than Taylor's Expression system.
#2 Pencil
Various Scraps of Paper
Old 05-04-2019, 03:07 PM

I guess I did not let it go long enough before some people started to post their thoughts. I am glad you thought it sounded good and would use it. Thanks, Tim
Old 05-04-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopeshoulder View Post
I think it sounds far better than Taylor's Expression system.

I have never listened to that expression system. I will have to go check it out.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTim View Post
I guess my demo sucks. 153 views without and feedback on the sound. I must need to redo it and try again.
I've seen/heard great covers and originals (in the Show and Tell section) and they get almost totally ignored. No responses isn't a reflection of what you posted.

Tunes that are sung, get the most views and responses. Tunes that are sung by pretty women break the internet

It sounds fine, btw.

I prefer recording with large condenser mics, they give me a little more warmth than my small condensers. I use two AT2035, but I'm eyeing the Rodes NT1.

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.

Last edited by TBman; 05-04-2019 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:14 PM

Your sample sounds like...a typical LR Baggs Lyric pickup which is very good.
Good job with the tune as well.
I've installed the Lyric in my guitar a couple days ago and enjoy its tone a lot.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
I've seen/heard great covers and originals (in the Show and Tell section) and they get almost totally ignored. No responses isn't a reflection of what you posted.

Tunes that are sung, get the most views and responses. Tunes that are sung by pretty women break the internet

It sounds fine, btw.

I prefer recording with large condenser mics, they give me a little more warmth than my small condensers. I use two AT2035, but I'm eyeing the Rodes NT1.

I get it and I understand now. I guess I was jumping the gun a bit. however you are correct....no one seems to appreciate instrumentals as they once did. It is not that I do not like regular style songs, it is just that I enjoy instrumentals as much as I do regular vocal type songs.

I am an instrumentalist writer.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsum View Post
Your sample sounds like...a typical LR Baggs Lyric pickup which is very good.
Good job with the tune as well.
I've installed the Lyric in my guitar a couple days ago and enjoy its tone a lot.

You beat me to my thread before I got to your thread and video clip.

Now what my main goal is to do it record the Lyric and mic my guitar at the same time in stereo. Also thinking of adding a little bit of effects on the Lyric and keeping the mic dry.

I was trying to do it last night but my brain started farting around with me and I just could not figure it out in time for a short demo.

I may try again and see how it goes.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTim View Post
Ha...I heard it this morning and was going to comment later but I couldn't find it afterwards, searched Lyric also. Here it is , sounds really good. Thanks for posting.
Old 05-04-2019, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondoslug View Post
Ha...I heard it this morning and was going to comment later but I couldn't find it afterwards, searched Lyric also. Here it is , sounds really good. Thanks for posting.

Thank you for your input. Next time I record a tune I will actually try to create something a little better and add more tracks. I am curious at how it will sound with more going on.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD