The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 08:04 AM

Ken:

Thank you... You folks have given me some great resources.

blessings
Old 03-04-2002, 09:06 PM

Hi Mike,

I'm from Buffalo (your good neighbors to the west!!). Actually, I play on a worship team, alternatley on keyboards and accoustic guitar and use... a Martin HD28 and a Bourgeois Mahogany D!!! I had a 510 a few years back that I liked quite a bit, but g.a.s. for a rosewood dread got the best of me and I got the Martin (almost the opposite of your quest!!) You would think it would be boomy, but it's not at all (I do eq down the bass a wee bit...). Great guitar!!

We are a former Vineyard church and we still do a lot of their songs, but also some Hillsongs, Integrity, Passion, etc.. We have become more of a liturgical style church, which I have really grown to love. The praise fits in very nicely. I know it sounds odd, but it's really not. Our worship leader is looking for a new axe and I did mention a 314ce or 414ce as I think those two guitars are really about THE BEST value in solid-wood guitars.

B.T.W, I visit Dave Stutsman's shop in Rochester a few times a year. There are a few Christians there!! Good guys.

Take care.
Tom
Old 03-05-2002, 07:16 AM

Hey TommyC:

Nice to hear from you. I grew up in your neck of the woods. Our family is still there...Niagara Falls / Lewiston. I bet if we dug deep enough, we can find a mutual aquaintance. Email me if you like and let me know what church you attend. I get back there to visit once a month or so, maybe I'll stop in for one of your services and say hi. Stutsman's is my place for acoustic "stuff". They are the most knowledgeable acoustic experts in our area...IMHO. Yes, Dave and a couple of the staff are Christians and yes...great guys.

Blessings brother,
Old 03-05-2002, 03:40 PM

Hey everyone... My name is Jason. I play for a worship team in Southern new Jersey. I am rockin a 614CE with the tobacco sunburst finish.

My group does most of the same vineyard, Hillsongs, Integrity, and Passion songs that have already been mentioned.

Thanks for all the great links. One I use a lot is http://www.1christian.net/guitar/ Its a great resource for finding chords for popular christian tunes.
Old 03-05-2002, 04:13 PM

Hey Solfide:

Welcome to the eternal Jam with the Lamb. Would love to see that Sunburst 614...any pics to share?
Old 03-06-2002, 07:59 AM

I'll try to get them up this weekend... the taylor website has a nice picture of a 615 in the sunburst.. you may want to check that out.
Old 03-06-2002, 09:44 PM

Good evening all--just got back from praise band practice a little while ago. We learned a couple of new songs to accompany a full choir, and holy stringsqueak, they were both in B flat! Transpose, transpose. Just so happens I got my Shubb transposition guide in the mail today so I put it to work this evening. Got it from Musician's Friend. It was a little pricey when you add in the S&H, but it was so cool to instantly know where to transpose to what capo fret and what to play. It works like a slide rule and tells you where to capo on one side and converts the chords on the other. Way cool!

"Constantly wrong but never in doubt"

2007 Gibson ES 335
2004 Taylor 814ce (engelmann top)
2001 Taylor 712ce (Sold
1962 Gibson ES 330
1961 Gibson Hummingbird (Sold)
1936 Kalamazoo K36 Archtop
Old 03-08-2002, 04:48 PM

Leading worship has improved my playing tenfold. plus I learned to sing and play at the same time. God is good.

that transposition guide seems real neat. I might pick one up.

I'm leading with a 410rce, tried for a few months with a 714ce engelmann and couldn't do it. Now i'm waiting to send that one back to buffalobrothers when my k10c arrives. (hey if any of you guys want a gorgeous 714ce engelmann, with 900 abalone rosette and ebony schallers, go to buffalobros in about 2 months)

I think i just like those x10s too much. and medium strings.

pickup suggestions, anyone?
Old 03-08-2002, 10:02 PM

alchu:

Like you, I never was comfortable singing until I started playing on the worship team. Started out just playing, 3 years later playing. singing, leading and praising...yah God is good.

On the pick-up.... Check out the Pick up the World products. The #27 has been getting great reviews from many sources. Very natural tone, no Piezo quack, discrete.

http://www.pick-uptheworld.com/

The new Air Core product looks cool too if you want to get more of the "string tone".

I plan on putting the #27 in my 714 with an LR Baggs Para Acoustic DI as the pre-amp/mixer. The PUTW preamp, from what I hear, is very convenient but I personally want more tone shaping ability.

Blessings
Old 03-09-2002, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike G
Scott:

Forgot to answer your question on the Calvary Satellite Network. Yes we get it. Great teachings, many blessings from the CSN. We have about 7-8 Calvary's in about a 30 mile radius and the largest one has a radio station that carries all the Calvary Pastors as well. We could use some more Contemporaty Christian music stations though. Can you, or anyone, recommend some good Internet based Christian music stations? My tastes are along the Passion, style worship approaching third day "ish".

Thanks,
Mike
I'm a worship leader(on Wednesday nights) at my church. I noticed you were talking about CSN. We've been trying for about two years to get a translator up in our area. Looks like it's gonna go through. Praise the Lord! My dad pastors a small Calvary Chapel (about 500) here in Ontario Oregon. Cool stuff going on!

Aaron
Old 03-09-2002, 04:50 PM

Hi Aaron:

We've seen HIM use radio in a poweful way here in upstate New York. Praise the Lord.

Blessings,
Old 03-09-2002, 05:28 PM
guitar, amp fixer upper.

Hi guys
I think this is a cool thread. I'm looking for any tabs for Phil Keaggy, for his Beyond Nature cd. Does anyone have a resource for me ? His website mentions nothing for this cd.

Ron
Old 03-09-2002, 06:37 PM

Ron--its on Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...753411-2380628

Hope this helps

2007 Gibson ES 335
2001 Taylor 712ce (Sold
1962 Gibson ES 330
Old 03-09-2002, 11:48 PM

Ron:

I have tab for "Evensong" and "The Marionette". The problem is that I only have hard copy. If you want to email me your address, I can snail-mail or fax them.
Old 03-10-2002, 01:53 AM

DOH! Tab--not recorded music. Ron, I searched all of my favorite tab sites and I see what you mean--none of the songs from the Beyond Nature album are out there. Sorry I could not help.

2007 Gibson ES 335
2001 Taylor 712ce (Sold
1962 Gibson ES 330
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification