The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 01:12 PM
Charter Member

Default ~ SOLD ~ Vintage 1975 Martin D-28, 45 Years old, Clean & Original

CLICK photos to ENLARGE

~ SOLD ~ SOLD ~ SOLD ~ SOLD ~ SOLD ~ SOLD ~ SOLD ~ SOLD ~

Vintage Martin D-28, Made in 1975, this is a Well-Preserved Vintage Acoustic, the Guitar has no Side cracks or any Body damage.

This old Martin is really nice. It seems to have low mileage, the frets are healthy and show no wear and the finish is Very nice, this one still looks good for being 45 years old.
The Pickguard has been replaced, other than that, it is Factory Correct and Original.

Comes in it’s Factory Original Blue Hard Shell case. The case has some cosmetic flaws but is completely functional and has no bad odors.

If it helps anyone, I would consider a Deposit and Lay-Away, Terms to be discussed.

Last edited by largeal; 09-07-2020 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:48 AM
Charter Member

bumping back up
Old 08-21-2020, 01:08 PM

Looks like a nice one, any possibility of a sound or video clip?
Old 08-21-2020, 01:46 PM
Charter Member

Thank's for asking but I haven't made any clips. I am happy to sell the guitar with a full approval / return option for anyone who might be interested in buying one of these.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:01 PM

Fair enough, it looks nice enough, how does it sound?
Old 08-21-2020, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

Thank You again. I feel sound descriptions are generally Heavily "biased." Many sellers are trying VERY hard to sell a guitar they no longer want. I also work with a LOT of professional artists and musicians and I never tell anyone that a guitar I'm offering sounds great or such... I always let a guitar buyer decide and Sound clips are really not helpful in that regard in my opinion too.
So that's how I feel, anything a Seller tells any of us regarding Sound is usually skewed to making a Sale.

All that being said, we all have different preferences and tastes too. A lot of my friends and customers record guitars and a Microphone hears sound very differently. A lot of guitars I have had and sold to people didn't sound very Big or Loud in the room but recorded amazingly well for them, so people's USAGE is sometimes a factor in determining how a guitar Sounds and there is always the factor of WHO is holding it as that affects the sound that a guitar makes too.
Every player has their own touch and techniques that all make up the "sound."

I am happy to sell and ship guitars on Approval, but I can only describe the physical attributes and condition, I never get into describing tone as it's only My opinion and seems irrelevant to ME for all the reasons described.

This is the most Honest and Unbiased answer I can give to Your question and I am happy to answer any and all questions about the guitar as I do have a lot of Martin experience, knowledge and info.

Thanks for asking.

Last edited by largeal; 08-21-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:39 PM

ok thanks again best of luck w your sale
Old 09-07-2020, 09:51 AM
Charter Member

This has been SOLD.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars