The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-28-2020, 07:18 PM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Matthew, the second from the left is a John Kinnaird. There is a Wilborn thrown in there also. I think I was just grabbing cases and putting guitars in there. It is completely different now, but that was the picture I had.

There is a very special guitar in the first place now if you will recall that one!
Oh I recall! First dibs, but I suspect that one is a permanent fixture in Tejas.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:22 PM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colins View Post
These cases look great and it tempts me to have a multi guitar case made down here in Australia.

Matthew, I’m interested in how well your humidity control works, as Florida has slightly higher humidity then where I live in Oz and we both sit above the mid 40s all year. The Access ‘n Sight website says they use one or two 40g canisters of silica gel to manage high humidity. Are you finding that this does the job?

Colin

Yes it does the job. Honestly the humidity is always about 50% inside, so I am very fortunate. I haven't messed with the beads in two years.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:31 PM

Thank you, everyone! The Acoustic Remedy ClimaStand looks like what I was remembering.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird View Post
Wow, that's a lotta case for one guitar! It's beautiful.
Is the door pane a piece of glass, or is than an acrylic (or some such)?
I'm needing to line a wall with display cases (in the shop) and am appreciating the pics guys, thanks.

Steve
It’s glass, but I believe there are options for anti UV glass or other material if these are gonna be in direct sunlight - mine isn’t. It is a big case - you can see other ones that are smaller triangular shaped. I thought about one of those, but they’re the same width at the bottom and it wouldn’t have really saved me any space. And I like that I don’t have to hold the door open when I’m moving a guitar in or out - the triangular case will always want to close, so you’d need to hold it...

-Ray
Old 05-29-2020, 11:53 AM

I have a cabinet from Access N Sight for my electric guitars; and two display cases and one under order for my individual KISS autographed guitars from Guitar Humidor; both are great companies; my acoustics are in a cabinet made by Ozark Valley but I think he may be out of business;
Old 05-29-2020, 12:54 PM

Given the cost, you may also consider furniture joiners. When we renovated I wanted guitar ‘drawers’ (inspired by Vince Gill!) in the home office, and a humidified display cabinet for my main guitar, which we had built into our desk. Maybe not to everyone’s taste but was fun working on the design!

Joel

Old 05-29-2020, 05:43 PM

I like how seamless that looks, @jdelin86.

Nice Grimes! Did you happen to attend his 1,000th celebration in February? I was there for it.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelin86 View Post
Given the cost, you may also consider furniture joiners. When we renovated I wanted guitar ‘drawers’ (inspired by Vince Gill!) in the home office, and a humidified display cabinet for my main guitar, which we had built into our desk. Maybe not to everyone’s taste but was fun working on the design!
Those are sweet, Joel! And coincidently, my one year old and I were streaming your YouTube channel yesterday. She happens to love listening to acoustic guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop