The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 08-04-2020, 07:57 AM
Charter Member

Default WTB: let's try something different

Looking for a quality guitar to use primarily for unplugged lead, regardless of brand, body size or wood combination. It needs to have a cutaway and be loud enough to be heard over my buddy's Collings dread, which he plays with medium strings and heavy pick so that's a tall order! (Ok maybe he can back off during my leads.) The type of lead is blues, rock covers, and increasingly bluegrass. Random examples: Layla unplugged (Clapton), Friend of the Devil (the Dead), Whiskey Before Breakfast.

This would be a players guitar and cosmetic wear is fine but structurally it needs to be spot on. It should have no pickup, or one that can be easily removed without leaving a gaping hold in the side.

I'm thinking $2-ish thousand or less but if you have a great all-rounder that happens to fit this bill plus shines at fingerstyle I could go to $4K or do a trade. But that might be a tall order since relative ease of bending strings is important for my lead but higher tension/long scale is better (IMO) for alternate tuning and sustain of finger style. My new Collings OM is amazing but not a cutaway and I'd like something more specifically for lead. This OM could be trade bait for the right deal.

Hoping for some creative thoughts on this one. Thanks!
--------
Past: Bourgeois JOMC; Collings OM2T & CJ; Larrivee LV-05; Lowden O-50c, F-50c & F-35c; Martin CS 00c; RainSong V-WX1000; Taylor 814ce, 512e & T5
Old 08-04-2020, 10:12 AM

Left you a message.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=588746

Last edited by Rinaz; 08-04-2020 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:22 AM
Charter Member

Several interesting offers so far but still looking. All ideas welcome!
--------
Past: Bourgeois JOMC; Collings OM2T & CJ; Larrivee LV-05; Lowden O-50c, F-50c & F-35c; Martin CS 00c; RainSong V-WX1000; Taylor 814ce, 512e & T5
Old 08-05-2020, 06:50 AM
Charter Member

I’m a little surprised the Larrivee L-05 doesn’t do the trick. You have mediums on it?

Jeff
Old 08-05-2020, 11:17 AM
Charter Member

Get a National Wooden or Metal Resorocket, perfect for what you are describing and within your budget.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwapoolguy View Post
I’m a little surprised the Larrivee L-05 doesn’t do the trick. You have mediums on it?
It’s a wonderful guitar, without a doubt and very versatile to boot but not as much of a cannon as a dred and is mahogany and I’m now looking for rosewood. And yup, it has mediums.
--------
Old 08-05-2020, 06:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleplucker View Post
Get a National Wooden or Metal Resorocket, perfect for what you are describing and within your budget.
Thanks I will definitely check those out!
--------
Old 08-10-2020, 01:12 PM

Where are you located?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars