The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 07-12-2020, 08:29 PM
Guest 2223

Default MV88 and live-streaming questions

I am going to do my first livestream tomorrow on Twitter via the periscope app. The only equipment I currently have is an MV88 and my iPhone and iPad. I know that the MV88 has great sound because I have been using it to record demos and some finished projects over the course of 3 years owning it.

My questions to the forum are. Has anyone had good luck with the MV88 paired with an iOS device to do any streaming on Twitter or IG live etc? Would cardiod, stereo field, or mono be best for an acoustic guitar, a ukulele and vocals? Of course this is a learning curve and I will probably figure some things out along the way. Just hoping for some pro tips from other MV88 users and streamers out there.

If you want to see if I crash and burn or soar amongst the birds Pm me and I will give you my twitter handle.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by static111 View Post
I am going to do my first livestream tomorrow on Twitter via the periscope app. The only equipment I currently have is an MV88 and my iPhone and iPad. I know that the MV88 has great sound because I have been using it to record demos and some finished projects over the course of 3 years owning it.

My questions to the forum are. Has anyone had good luck with the MV88 paired with an iOS device to do any streaming on Twitter or IG live etc? Would cardiod, stereo field, or mono be best for an acoustic guitar, a ukulele and vocals? Of course this is a learning curve and I will probably figure some things out along the way. Just hoping for some pro tips from other MV88 users and streamers out there.

If you want to see if I crash and burn or soar amongst the birds Pm me and I will give you my twitter handle.
Sorry not personally on the mic or app. But in general , I participate in live stream Hootenanny (open mic) We use the Zoom app and then also link it to Youtube Live. There are several people using USB style mic plugged into mobile devices and the are a definite improvement over the built in mic's .

That said, as far as capsule arrangement (selection) , that is something that depends on the room your in, and the type of sound you are going for
Cardioid has the potential to be more intimate (upfront, and less affected by room reflections ) the stereo type selections are going to be more diffuse and wider sounding, but will have more room in the sound.
Is there a "preview" option in the app that you can experiment with ?

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 07-13-2020, 09:22 AM
Guest 2223

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Sorry not personally on the mic or app. But in general , I participate in live stream Hootenanny (open mic) We use the Zoom app and then also link it to Youtube Live. There are several people using USB style mic plugged into mobile devices and the are a definite improvement over the built in mic's .

That said, as far as capsule arrangement (selection) , that is something that depends on the room your in, and the type of sound you are going for
Cardioid has the potential to be more intimate (upfront, and less affected by room reflections ) the stereo type selections are going to be more diffuse and wider sounding, but will have more room in the sound.
Is there a "preview" option in the app that you can experiment with ?
This is the kind of question I was hoping to have answered. Does anyone have much experience with periscope/Twitter live streams? I'm thinking that I will do a couple test videos maybe and check the different capsules for what sounds best.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD