The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 10-08-2011, 03:46 AM

Absolutely it's my own playing, Harold. Totally agree, i can live with a little playing rhythm but fingerstyle, especially with bar chord shape slides and releases, just makes me shake my head :-) Long way to go with being able to play super clean. I am open to giving another style of elixirs a go. Apart from the silencer benefits of coated strings, i live in sub-tropical area, a few miles in from the ocean, so coateds do have their advantages with string life as well. I'm off to have a look at bridge pick-ups and amps tomorrow, so i might get a set of nano's, now i have two guitars.

I record nearly all practise sessions now and just experiment with the placement a bit, that a few of the tips above have helped bring the dirt back to how it sounds by ear, still there, but not louder then say, the pull off note. All great fun though, the hours fly by...

I'll check your clip out, cheers...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD