The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 08-23-2009, 07:21 PM

Default Thoughts on EZDrummer

Just curious about what your thoughts on the software are.

I don't have a drummer nor do I know how to play the drums and it seems that EZD is the least expensive alternative out there?
Old 08-24-2009, 05:10 AM

Thumbs up

I use EZ drummer to make backing tracks and it works great, i added the Nashville style pack to give a wider array of sounds and beats. You can lay a drum track down in minutes using the included midi beats.
Vikki(uk)
Old 08-24-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikki View Post
I use EZ drummer to make backing tracks and it works great, i added the Nashville style pack to give a wider array of sounds and beats. You can lay a drum track down in minutes using the included midi beats.
Vikki(uk)
Would you say this is better than Digidesign's Strike?
Are the drums realistic? Can you control a "humanizing" effect so it does not sound like a machine drum?

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2009, 12:12 PM

Thumbs up

I'm not familiar with Digidesign's Strike so i can't comment there, with EZ you pretty well have control of most elements of the kit, there's a control to make the snare velocity random so it pretty well sounds like a real kit. You can also go into the midi track in your DAW and adjust many parameters, each part of the kit can be split onto its own track so you can put gating, compression and reverb on the snare and all the other parts of the kit if you wish.
Best thing is go onto the Toon Track site and listen to some of the demos there, also the Toontrack forum where there's a section of peoples own work.
http://www.toontrack.com/
Here's a utube demo....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH6hzTh3YHc
Hope this helps to some degree...
Vikki(uk)

Last edited by Vikki; 08-24-2009 at 12:20 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD