The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-21-2017, 02:22 PM
Charter Member

Mike, I bet that 00 is amazing. John told me he just got a chance to play this 000 since selling it and he thought it was pretty tasty. Of course, the jury is biased.

Your 00 is so simple and elegant. Very tasteful.

This 000-12 just stood out as one of my all time favorite guitars. Incredibly sweet, incredibly loud, and tons of headroom. It was magical.
Old 11-21-2017, 03:21 PM
Charter Member

I wonder if John Slobod knows that his website isn't working...Want to check out his prices, etc, but cannot.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiejoon View Post
I wonder if John Slobod knows that his website isn't working...Want to check out his prices, etc, but cannot.
John said the old lamp the powers his server ran out of oil. He hasn’t really kept his site up to date for the 9 years I’ve known him. Probably best to just email or call him.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:44 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
John said the old lamp the powers his server ran out of oil. He hasn’t really kept his site up to date for the 9 years I’ve known him. Probably best to just email or call him.
Haha. I like that. I will try to track him down.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiejoon View Post
Haha. I like that. I will try to track him down.
Oh, and you're pretty close to me, by the way. If you want to try out my OM, we should meet up.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:57 PM

Though I would (much) rather have mahogany than maple, that is a perfect guitar. I wish more builders bound their fretboards. Open slots and fret ends... weird to leave that part of a build exposed. That binding -- and every aspect of this build -- looks beautiful in and of itself. Who needs freaking sea creature shells added?
Old 11-23-2017, 12:31 AM

Speaking about slobod's wood bindings, what is even more impressive to me is that they are bookmatched! I first noticed this in a circa which was posted on AGF and where this was pointed out and when i checked my own circa, i found that was true as well for mine. That kind of attention to detail is rarely found.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fingers View Post
Though I would (much) rather have mahogany than maple, that is a perfect guitar. I wish more builders bound their fretboards. Open slots and fret ends... weird to leave that part of a build exposed. That binding -- and every aspect of this build -- looks beautiful in and of itself. Who needs freaking sea creature shells added?
Most builders will bind the fretboard if you ask them to and if it's a good fit with the model that you're commissioning.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitarro View Post
Speaking about slobod's wood bindings, what is even more impressive to me is that they are bookmatched! I first noticed this in a circa which was posted on AGF and where this was pointed out and when i checked my own circa, i found that was true as well for mine. That kind of attention to detail is rarely found.
Yes, he’s a real stickler for details. I’m sure that comes through in spades on your 42.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
Yes, he’s a real stickler for details. I’m sure that comes through in spades on your 42.
Absolutely - i have seen in person and on the internet quite a few guitars with amazing levels of cleanness of workmanship and fit and finish and the Circa is still the best i have ever seen. And it is responsive like quite nothing else i have played either!
Old 11-25-2017, 11:46 AM
Charter Member

John’s guitars really are the cream of the crop. He also happens to have some exquisite adi spruce.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop