The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-31-2017, 01:43 PM

Default Recommend a Book on Live Sound Reinforcement

Can anyone recommend a good book on Live Sound Reinforcement? Particularly something aimed at practice rather than theory, smaller applications & systems. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfa View Post
Can anyone recommend a good book on Live Sound Reinforcement? Particularly something aimed at practice rather than theory, smaller applications & systems. Thanks.
Good practice comes from understanding a few basic principles of physics as applied to audio. The standard reference for years has been the Yamaha Sound Reinforcement Handbook. You can forget going into the math if you want, but the basic underlying principles are laid out in a form which anyone should be able to grasp, if not right off the bat, but as a reference which will provide "aha" moments when you're in the field.

If you're looking for other step-by-step guides there are books for church sound people which you should be able to Google. For equipment based references you can look at the Rane company white papers. I believe Sweetwater also has on-line references as well.

Good luck. Don't be afraid of the theory...

Theory is the post mortem of Music.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:32 PM

I had picked up that Yamaha Reinforcement book may years ago. Just did a Google search for it and surprisingly found a PDF version......
https://bgaudioclub.org/uploads/docs...alph_Jones.pdf
Old 03-31-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkF_48 View Post
I had picked up that Yamaha Reinforcement book may years ago. Just did a Google search for it and surprisingly found a PDF version......
https://bgaudioclub.org/uploads/docs...alph_Jones.pdf
And if you look in the first few pages you'll notice the COPYRIGHT. Are there no ethics left???

Theory is the post mortem of Music.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyllys View Post
And if you look in the first few pages you'll notice the COPYRIGHT. Are there no ethics left???
Evidently not from the Russian site where the PDF was linked from . Didn't think of that when I linked it. I'll remove it if it's a violation of the forums rules.

Softbound copy is available on Amazon.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification