The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-26-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownguitaris View Post
I got to thinking about a few posts earlier on... referencing inspiring. Yes, I too will find the Chimera inspiring. If I think about it, a lot of time has passed since I listened to some recorded music I found to be inspiring. I launched iTunes a few days ago, listened to Christopher Parkening and Al DiMeola.... both of these musicians I find inspiring, for sure. Especially if a period of time has passed since listening to them. ANyway, any current artists with recent releases that fit this criteria?

Update on my Chimera, waiting on Gotoh to fill a back order for tuning machines....
Greetings Unknown...Glad to hear from you Amigo...The wait on the Chimaera will make it just that much more Awesome when it arrives!!! I still think you will be the next to get yours...
As regards to Inspireing musicians...I love listening to Bill Mize though he is not a new artist. The classically trained guys that you mentioned,(Parkening& DiMeola), are sure hard to beat...
Old 05-07-2013, 01:41 PM

Default It is here!!!

Picture this... Relaxing on a Tuesday afternoon nursing an ingrown fingernail...the doorbell rings and the mailman is at my front door with a guitar box from Ireland...
Since its not wood I immediately open the box, open the Hiscox case, and pull out a green Emerald X20- OS and am stunned!!! The Internet pictures do not do it justice...
After tuning I strum a few chords and the sustain keeps me enthralled!!! Screaming in pain I improvise a few fingersstyle ditties and am blown away by the tone!!!
Now...still nursing my painful finger...I run to get my pick from the back bedroom and really start jamming... Thank you Alistair!!!
Pix coming soon!!!
P.S. The sound hole makes it a cannon, the arm bevel makes it comfy, and Rufus and the weave make it GLOW!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:31 PM

Ingrown fingernail eh? That is hilarious! Sounds like you are very happy.... Mine shows up this week! I believe by Friday....

Enjoy!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:33 PM

Unknown and Claytone,

Looking forward to your reviews and pics.

Clay, I have been enjoying my X20-OS Woody since January of this year, and will be looking forward to pics of your glowing green new prize.

Unknown, pics of your new Chimera will be great I'm sure. Interested to see what you think of the Gotoh Stealth Tuners.

Best regards,
Jim K
Old 05-08-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim K View Post
Unknown and Claytone,

Looking forward to your reviews and pics.

Clay, I have been enjoying my X20-OS Woody since January of this year, and will be looking forward to pics of your glowing green new prize.

Unknown, pics of your new Chimera will be great I'm sure. Interested to see what you think of the Gotoh Stealth Tuners.

Best regards,
Jim K
Will do Jim.... and on another note, your old X7-OS is travelling with me all the time... Slowly wearing out the gig bag.....
Old 05-09-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownguitaris View Post
Will do Jim.... and on another note, your old X7-OS is travelling with me all the time... Slowly wearing out the gig bag.....
Jim,

I'm very glad that the X7-OS has proved to be the road warrior that you wanted it to be.

Turns out I missed the X7-OS portability much more than I expected, so I jumped in when Emerald had the recent St. Patrick's Day Sale, and ordered a green X7-OS. Should arrive sometime this month.

Best regards,
Jim
Old 05-09-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim K View Post
Jim,

I'm very glad that the X7-OS has proved to be the road warrior that you wanted it to be.

Turns out I missed the X7-OS portability much more than I expected, so I jumped in when Emerald had the recent St. Patrick's Day Sale, and ordered a green X7-OS. Should arrive sometime this month.

Best regards,
Jim
Jim,
You are so predictable........

Taylor 424ce SL
Emerald X20 purple weave
Emerald X20 gold weave
Taylor NS34ce
Taylor T5X
Composite Acoustic OX Raw (Peavey)
Rainsong OM
Breedlove Pro C25/CRH
Prestige Eclipse Spruce/Mahogany
Voyage Air VAOM-1C (2)
Baden D style Mahogany
Journey Instruments Spruce/Mahogany
Journey Instruments OF660
Recording King ROA-9 Bakersfield Limited
Mogabi 200

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber