The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-28-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raduray View Post
Just curious, why do you need both the Tonedexter and the Sunnaudio? In addition to the custom IR's, the Tonedexter is also an Pre-Amp/Di.
Because they're both incredible. The Tonedexter makes the signal sound like my guitar and the Sunnaudio makes it sound even better. They also happen before my looper, so I don't use the DI on either... so I still need a DI.

I could probably use the FX loop on either the TD or the Sunnaudio, but I like the way that it sounds right now and I have the room.

1983 Washburn Timber Ridge Custom
- Fishman Onboard Prefix Premium Blend & - Schatten HFN passive
2016 Gibson J-45 Standard
- Fishman Onboard Prefix Premium Blend & - Schatten HFN passive backup
Tonedexter & Sunnaudio Stage DI
1990 Yamaha FS-310

Past:
1995 Martin D-28
2015 Eastman E10SS

Last edited by The Kid!; 02-28-2019 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fender69 View Post
Anyone do a comparison between the active & passive versions? The passive version is getting rave reviews but I need the flexibility of the volume control. Any observations?
Yes I have and I also asked this question before. There's no difference in tone between the passive, active or artist version of the pickup.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
Yes I have and I also asked this question before. There's no difference in tone between the passive, active or artist version of the pickup.
I would assume that the active would have a much hotter output? It would be neat to see how the tone control works though. I bet that alone would make this truly a plug and play set up.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
I would assume that the active would have a much hotter output? It would be neat to see how the tone control works though. I bet that alone would make this truly a plug and play set up.
I currently don't have the Schatten preamp, I'm using the Fishman only for a test it won't be staying in. I did ask Les about the difference between the active and the passive before though and he said it's the same tone just hotter output. I never asked about the tone control but it's the same 500k thumbwheel like the volume, but has a capacitor on it so I'm assuming it would work similar to an electric guitar as treble bleed. It would give you more options but I still stand by the passive being plug and play.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification