The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 06-23-2022, 04:40 AM

Default Emerald X30 Locking Tuners?

Anyone here know which Gotoh 510 18:1 locking tuners would be a direct replacement for the ones on my 2021 X30? I would need a part number. I asked Emerald, but they weren't very helpful :<.

I'm thinking that they might help ease the difficulty of stringing this guitar.

Many thanks in advance!
Emerald X30 Woody
Traveler EG-1 Custom
Old 06-24-2022, 08:18 PM
Charter Member

You might ask Josh Gemmell [email protected].
Old 06-25-2022, 04:04 AM
Charter Member

Carol, I actually have a set that I’ve used on both an X20 and X7 - they’d drop right in on an X30. They’re the darker version of silver or chrome - I think Emerald calls it “cosmo black” so if that color works. IIRC, I had to assemble a set of six - I THINK I bought them fro Philadelphia Lutherie Supply, but I don’t remember for sure. These were a little crowded on an X7, so I’ll never use them again, and used them for only a few months to begin with. Let me know if you’re interested and what putting a new set together would cost. I’ll sell them for a very fair price - they’re of no use to me at this point.

Actually, we’re neighbors - I’m in West Chester. And I’d love to check out your X30 just out of curiosity. You could check out my X7 if interested. And if you want the tuners, you could check them out first. Let me know if interested…

-Ray
Old 06-25-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Carol, I actually have a set that I’ve used on both an X20 and X7 - they’d drop right in on an X30. They’re the darker version of silver or chrome - I think Emerald calls it “cosmo black” so if that color works. IIRC, I had to assemble a set of six - I THINK I bought them fro Philadelphia Lutherie Supply, but I don’t remember for sure. These were a little crowded on an X7, so I’ll never use them again, and used them for only a few months to begin with. Let me know if you’re interested and what putting a new set together would cost. I’ll sell them for a very fair price - they’re of no use to me at this point.

Actually, we’re neighbors - I’m in West Chester. And I’d love to check out your X30 just out of curiosity. You could check out my X7 if interested. And if you want the tuners, you could check them out first. Let me know if interested…

-Ray
Ray,

YES AND YES!!!! Please come to my house and bring your X7 and the tuners. I did look at Philadelphia Luthier and a new set of 6 is about $105 as I recall... at least the ones that I think are a direct fit. You are welcome to play my X30 as much as you want. I have a Fishman Loudbox mini if you want to
try it plugged in, too. I'll pm you my phone number and address. If you aren't comfortable coming to my house, we can meet somewhere....
Emerald X30 Woody
Traveler EG-1 Custom

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber