The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-21-2018, 05:19 PM

Default LR Baggs Align Reverb

Hi,
I just received a LR Baggs Align Reverb pedal today and put it on my pedalboard. I can honestly say it's even better than my HOF mini pedal, which I like A LOT.

The pedal didn't come with an AC adapter, which I found a little odd but I use a OneSpot for my little metro 16 board so I didn't have to resort to a battery. I have placed this last in my signal chain, which is guitar->Boss TU3->Boss AD-10->LR Baggs Align Reverb-> PA/Amp. For anyone wondering, I saw the videos online about this pedal and it seemed more natural than the "Ambience" from the AD-10 so I took a chance.

The pedal is beefy-feeling and I expect it to last a long time. For me it'll be an always on pedal so the fairly loud foot switch shouldn't be an issue. So far, this is a much more natural sounding reverb and has more controls that I hope to learn more in depth in the days/weeks ahead. I'm still getting used to the knobs and what they do but I will play it at my church tomorrow morning and give a more full report shortly after.

So far, I like it and I'm not missing my HOF Mini.

Best,
PJ
Old 04-22-2018, 04:33 AM

Thanks PJ. Looking forward to hear more about it.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:35 AM

I'm a little late with part 2 of my review but here it is.

My church is like most, wooden pews, very tall ceilings, stained glass-you get the picture. I found that having a reverb created for Acoustic guitar was a very big plus.

My Boss AD-10 has taken care of making my acoustic guitar sound like an acoustic guitar through our PA and I'm happy to report that the Align Reverb takes that beautiful sound and thickens it up nicely while giving me options to tailor it to the room I'm playing in.

The Volume knob allows me to set the volume level of the reverb without touching the volume of the guitar. A nice feature that allowed me to fine tune it to the existing reverb of the church. Surprisingly, the church doesn't have a lot of reverb but this pedal allowed me to add just the right amount to my guitar.

The Reverb knob, which I had set fairly high at home, allows me to tone down the total reverb "type" to accommodate such a large space as my church. Used in conjunction with the Volume knob, I was able to get it right where it felt right.

The Tone knob seems to "lighten" or "darken" the tone that is reverberated. I don't know if other delay pedals have this but since I play a Gibson with A LOT of bass, I could control exactly the tones that were highlighted in the reverb.

The Delay of course lets me set how long the tails of the reverberated tones last. Not to sound repetitive, but this know along with the other 3 gave me the freedom to set a reverb that not only gave be the nice think tones I love but also sounded "right" and not processed.

Being built for acoustic guitars (whatever that really means...) I feel this reverb gives me a very natural sounding reverb no matter the room's existing reverb.

I have one of those green pens to mark settings on my pedals so I can set them to what worked before and I've marked mine for both home and church (the only two places I play.)

Between marking it this way and my Boss AD-10 allowing me to save sets of settings in its memory bank, I'm more than pleased with having repeatable sounds.

If you're looking for a well built great sounding reverb pedal, give this thing a try. It's a little more expensive than other reverbs I've tried but hands down, it's the best sounding.

Best,
PJ
Old 04-24-2018, 03:13 PM

Saw this series of pedals advertised in ag magazine. Looked really cool.
Thought about picking up the eq
Old 04-24-2018, 03:23 PM
Charter Member

Guitar Player magazine calls the Baggs Align Reverb a godsend and describes it as probably the best reverb for acoustic guitar they've ever heard.

https://www.guitarplayer.com/frets/l...ic-pedal-suite
Old 04-25-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdog49 View Post
Guitar Player magazine calls the Baggs Align Reverb a godsend and describes it as probably the best reverb for acoustic guitar they've ever heard.

https://www.guitarplayer.com/frets/l...ic-pedal-suite
I know I started this thread but I'd have to second their opinion! I'm VERY happy with it.

Best,
PJ
Old 05-20-2018, 11:11 AM
Charter Member

Is there any sort of shimmer available on the Align Reverb pedal or is it more basically a great studio reverb? I am tempted to try one either way. Thanks!
Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com
Old 05-20-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groberts View Post
Is there any sort of shimmer available on the Align Reverb pedal or is it more basically a great studio reverb? I am tempted to try one either way. Thanks!
No, there is no shimmer on the Align.

Best,
PJ
Old 05-21-2018, 02:19 PM

The main thing holding me back from making this purchase is that I need the reverb AND the functionality of their other new Align compressor pedal. From what I'm reading, the new reverb and compression algorithms seem to be different from their older all-in DI products?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification