The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-01-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleolith54 View Post
Ha! Yeah, see Post #13.
Ha, exactly!
Old 09-13-2020, 01:54 AM
Charter Member

Let's get back to discussing guitars instead of each other.
Old 09-13-2020, 06:05 AM

On a side note - Anyone familiar with John 5? Don't let the fact that he gained fame as Marilyn Manson's guitarist - the guy is a Tele aficionado and has his own signature model. He has lots of vintage Teles and a huge collection, including at least 1 Tele from every year produced (not sure if that includes the Broadcaster and Nocaster but I'm guessing yes).

There's not a lot of metal/industrial metal Tele players but John 5 is.
Old 09-13-2020, 05:49 PM

I love Teles, and I agree that they are incredibly versatile. That doesn't make them better or worse than any other instrument.

They are tools. A hammer is not a screwdriver, and neither are a wrench.

And as tools, not all guitars work the same way in a given player's hands.

I started out playing a Les Paul for years. Then I got into Strats and Teles. I still have a LP and a Strat but I almost always reach for one of my Teles. They don't do metal I guess, but then neither do I. But they'll rock hard, they'll sound great at blues and jazz, and of course they're going to sound great for Americana/Country. My favorite configuration is one I have with a Firebird mini hum bucker at the neck and a beefy Lollar at the bridge. So versatile...
Old 09-14-2020, 11:10 AM

I own a Nashville style B and G bender guitar. The ONLY reason I own the T shape was for the strap mounted b bender system. I find the ergonomics lacking compared to a Strat.

The original neck pickup can be wonky. The volume and tonal balance can be lacking. Mine has a hotter and slightly brighter neck pickup. It's much easier to cut output and brightness than to add it. I also have a Strat middle pickup and 7 way wiring, which adds all 3 pickups and B+N. I'm tempted to rewire it to have B+N in position 3 since I rarely use the middle pickup solo or all 3 pickups. Without the middle pickup, I really don't find it to be this "do all" guitar that everyone is talking about.

On top of improved ergonomics, I like a nice HSS Super Strat with a splittable bridge hum bucker.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars