The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 10-04-2020, 12:46 PM

Default It's green, it's Gretsch, it's back...

- and if you've been searching for a NOS Korean Super Hi-lo'Tron 5622 E-Matic with no success, this may well be the final hurrah:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gretsch...with-Bigsby.gc

NOTE: Make sure you order (and get) the one illustrated above - Super Hi-lo's/tan pickguard and PU rings - since they're also selling the Chinese version (Broad'trons, silver guard/rings) for the same price; FYI the MIC stuff is nothing special - IME Ibanez does it better at this price point - while these are pro-quality, fully-gigworthy instruments, that just happen to sell at a Working Joe/Jane's price and look/feel/sound/play like a Gretsch should...
Old 10-04-2020, 01:34 PM

Gretsch really do make beautiful guitars. I have a DuoJet in Cadillac Green, what a looker!
Old 10-05-2020, 11:57 AM

I think Gretsch makes the only "Green" guitars I'd ever buy. (well, I shouldn't say that, cuz sea foam green teles and strats don't look too shabby either..)

That looks SWEET..
Old 10-05-2020, 02:11 PM

Those are great guitars. I got a steal on one from Adorama when they were blasting them out for 400 something dollars. It was a ridiculous deal.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:41 PM

Looks like they're still in stock, but for how long...?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars