The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-08-2021, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernslope View Post
Thanks for the excellent responses guys. I'm not in a super hurry to buy anything at this point. Just obviously the thing that k&k has done so well all these years is reproduce the actual tone of the guitar. And that triple source pick up on the red label is something I'd forgotten about. So I'm going to head down and try out the boss ve-8 and the TC player acoustic and that new red label at my local dealer next weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick84 View Post
The SRT2 sounds very good and doesn’t need anything else with it. However much I like using it, it doesn’t blow me away so don’t expect it to be the holy grail of plugged in tones.

I would also wait until NAMM. Yamaha released a 3 source pickup with their red label guitars and it will be worth seeing if they come with anything else and also what the other manufacturers come out with.
I disagree. I use my Yamaha AC5M with an LR Baggs Gigpro and a Yamaha THR5A small home amp. Gigpro adds incredible clarity and THR5A adds compression/delay/reverb. Makes a hell of a difference. I have different LR Baggs pickups on my other guitars, but I think SRT 2 gives more control and stage ready feedback control.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification