The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-08-2021, 05:18 PM

Good find. The old Yairi's are excellent guitars. I'm always on the lookout for them (along with older made-in-Japan Yamaha and Takamine guitars).

You may need to experiment. I like Savarez 540ARJ on my factory-made (or volume-production) classical and flamenco guitars.

The trebles are carbon (and brighter than nylon). The tension is normal.

The basses have hard tension and have a bit more volume.
Old 03-15-2021, 10:22 AM

May be a bit late to this thread but I would use low to normal tension strings. You get the benefits of playability with low tension strings and for old and pre-own guitar, you don’t want to start with high tension strings. Just my two cents.
Old 03-30-2021, 02:09 PM

J45's are the standard for good reliable nylon strings. What I like is they stretch out well, stay in tune and last. Also they aren't heavy which I have never used. I never felt the need to "drive" the sound. The Yairi guitars are highly sought and regarded out ther e. Yours is stunning. Enjoy! Jan

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical