The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 05-01-2021, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMay View Post
I feel like the problem is not moisture in the wood, which is not to be confused with humidity.

When the guitar was built, it had the lowest moisture it will ever have and since it's birthday, it's been soaking up moisture.

DON'T OVER HUMIDIFY YOUR GUITAR.
That can do as much or more damage to a guitar than not humidifying it at all.

Quick temperature change is also a danger going like from cold outside to a hot inside environment.

Humidity is not the problem.
I know that is heresy but it's the truth as I see it.

Ron
Not heresy, just mostly wrong.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:54 AM

Humidity might not be the problem but the lack there of most likely is.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tired fingers View Post
Thanks, Tadol -- just got the guitar back yesterday. Will proceed to try and resolve the issue with local help. None available from Martin or the dealer. It will not stay around my space much longer regardless. It just ticks me off every time I am reminded, and that merely does me harm to no purpose. It will probably end up donated after whatever remedy is chosen by folks here. Whoever gets it will know about the issue and that it may reoccur -- but also know that it's a free guitar. My wife and I often donate a guitar or two each year, so this will be one for 2020. Irony.
I completely understand - once you start to feel that way about something, its sometimes best to just let it go. And giving it to someone who will never have those same feelings, but only appreciate it for what it is, may well be the best way to close that chapter with as much of a good feeling about it as possible.

Lots of great guitars, from lots of great builders, and lots of good dealers to choose from. I’m sure you’ll have better luck next time -

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair