The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-29-2020, 07:47 AM

Default Boss Ad-10 Looper Chain Order

Hey all,

I've been digging for this setting and can't find it. Right now, my looper appears first in the chain. I can record something to the looper, and it is unaffected by the eq. During playback, I can change all the settings (ambience, eq, chorus, etc) and that will change what is happening during playback. This is great for getting the eq and effects dialed in, but not great for actual use. If I record something to the looper and switch memory presets, the looper eq/effects change with it.

Anybody know how to modify this? I'm fairly sure it can be done as video demos don't seem to have this issue.

Thanks!

Matt
Old 09-29-2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattthewwimer View Post
Hey all,

I've been digging for this setting and can't find it. Right now, my looper appears first in the chain. I can record something to the looper, and it is unaffected by the eq. During playback, I can change all the settings (ambience, eq, chorus, etc) and that will change what is happening during playback. This is great for getting the eq and effects dialed in, but not great for actual use. If I record something to the looper and switch memory presets, the looper eq/effects change with it.

Anybody know how to modify this? I'm fairly sure it can be done as video demos don't seem to have this issue.

Thanks!

Matt
I'm not sure if you can do that, but if you can it's probably in the manual. The reason I want the looper where it is because I can loop a rhythm and hit the boost and play a lead above the loop.
Old 09-30-2020, 01:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattthewwimer View Post
Hey all,

Thanks!

Matt
Hi Matt…

First of all, Hello and Welcome to the Forum! Glad you jumped in with a question (saw it's your first post).

I'm not familiar with the AD-10 nor the specifics of your issue, just wanted to welcome you to the forum.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 09-30-2020, 01:34 PM

Ya, I looked for it in the manual and don't see it anywhere. it seems odd to me that the looper would be first. I'm doing what you're doing, which is hitting the boost to play lead over the rhythm. But it'd be great to play a finger pick pattern, then dub a smooth chorus, and then boost. But right now if I turn up the smooth chorus for the dub, it turns up the chorus on the finger pick. Kinda weird.
Old 09-30-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi Matt…

First of all, Hello and Welcome to the Forum! Glad you jumped in with a question (saw it's your first post).

I'm not familiar with the AD-10 nor the specifics of your issue, just wanted to welcome you to the forum.

Thanks! I appreciate a place to chat and ask questions.
Old 10-03-2020, 11:25 AM

hi, I have the AD10 and this is a known limitation of the onboard looper- it is really not as great as even a simple dedicated looper but handy in a pinch. I get around it indirectly- and I'm sure you already know this technique-- I use my drive, strymon delay and boss reverb in the fx loop which is pre-looper. Change effects patches on those units and works like a charm. I don't really like the patch switching on the AD-10 much anyway.

hopefully will be an added feature with firmware update at some point but not likely. I like the sound of the AD-10 for my acoustics, but never liked the interface, Boss could really improve things on most of their devices just by slightly more screen info.

I just got a headrush looperboard 2.0 and looking to retire a lot of pedals as it has great onboard effects and all optimized for looping.
Martin OM-35

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
ad-10, boss