The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-30-2020, 09:13 AM

good things cuz of Covid- my mother in law does not come around.
Old 09-30-2020, 01:15 PM

Because of all the time I've had to practise, I bought a new Taylor 324ce in May, an extravagant (for me) purchase I never would have considered if not for covid. Not only that, but I also got an Academy 10 in Taylors BOGO offer. I keep the Academy at our travel trailer where we spend a lot of time in the summer.

I only started playing a few years ago (around my 65th birthday) and never thought I'd ever get to the point where I'd "deserve" such a beautiful and great-sounding instrument. None of us are going to live forever and covid and other life challenges have been a wake-up call for me that "you can't take it with you so enjoy it while you can." In that respect, covid has been a blessing. I play every day (still not much good!) and every time I pick up either of these guitars I feel so glad I made the decision to treat myself.

Taylor 324ce
Taylor Academy 10
Yamaha FGX800C
Fishman Loudbox Mini
Old 09-30-2020, 01:40 PM
Charter Member

I haven't changed strings since January and I notice that the cleanest parts of the strings are where my fingers make contact.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:29 PM

Couple prize guitars came up for sale and I was in a position to buy. That's what good has come out of the situation for me.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion