The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-31-2021, 03:16 PM

Default Need help ID'ing this Small Bodied Martin!

Hi guys!

I have recently been looking for at small bodied Martin's on and off for the past year. I used to know of this one really nice model on Martin's site but I forgot the name.

On Martin's site around last year, they used to have their guitar section split by categories and each category had a picture of the guitar. The guitar name wasn't posted on the image, but if you looked at the elements on the page it had the filename of the guitar which they used the ID.

I forgot what the category was, but this guitar was gorgeous. It was sort of like the 000-42vs but with an abalone rosette. I know it as also some sort of remake of a guitar from the early 1900s too. I looked on web-archives, but the categories are bugged. I do think I might have found the guitar off the tab but I couldn't get the image name. Here's a screenshot:

https://imgur.com/a/BlBrPUS

I was wondering if anyone knows about this Martin?

Last edited by Kerbie; 03-31-2021 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Embed image
Old 03-31-2021, 05:32 PM
Charter Member

It seems to be some kind of 000 12 fret with a pyramid bridge with mahogany B&S. Not sure if it was a production model... maybe a signature or custom?

A better picture might help.

Bourgeois DR-A / Bowerman "Working Man's" OM / Martin Custom D-18 (adi & flame) / Martin OM-21 / Northwood M70 MJ / 1970s Sigma DR-7 / Eastman E6D / Flatiron Signature A5 / Silverangel Econo A
(Call me Dan)
Old 03-31-2021, 05:37 PM

I think it's a 000-30. Beautiful guitar.
Old 03-31-2021, 06:45 PM

Oh my god you're right - thank you!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
acoustic, martin, small body