The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 01:09 PM
Charter Member

Default Guy's Grids - More Than A Chord Book - SOLD

This is a (very) large format chord/instruction book, including 2 CDs. Spiral bound, in excellent condition. $40 + shipping - Paypal preferred. SOLD

Description from Amazon: Guy’s Grids is comprehensive, including over 2,000 open chord forms and over 700 moveable chord forms. An oversized book of 228 pages, Guy’s Grids is divided into four major tabbed sections: Open Chord Grids, Moveable Chord Grids, Open Chord Index, and Moveable Chord Index. Each of the grid pages has the same column and row format, designed in a logical manner to clearly demonstrate chord relationships. The columns pertain to chord families (major, dominant, minor, and diminished). The top row contains triads, and the lower rows are sequentially arranged to display chords created from these triads by the inclusion of a 7th, 6th, 9th, 11th, or 13th scale degree. Effectively, the grid page promotes contextual learning by presenting related chords in logical proximity to one another. The experts agree: “I enthusiastically recommend the chord book Guy’s Grids to all guitar students beginning through advanced, as it is well suited for visual learners (which most of us are) and stimulates creative thinking about chord shapes and chord theory."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0740D.jpg (58.4 KB, 127 views)
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo

Last edited by David Eastwood; 09-16-2020 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:21 PM
Charter Member

Interesting. The “very large” format caught my 54 year old eyes. 😄 I’m curious if you found this chord book useful.

Jeff
Old 09-16-2020, 12:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwapoolguy View Post
Interesting. The “very large” format caught my 54 year old eyes. 😄 I’m curious if you found this chord book useful.
It's certainly easy on the eyes

I didn't really use it much - I've come to the conclusion that I'm just not an 'instructional material' guy, at this stage in my life and playing.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other