The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 03-20-2013, 01:17 AM

Default Forums: "Custom Shop" VS "Build & Repair"

What's the difference between the two forums(aside from what is obvious in their descriptions)? I've taken an interest in learning about luthiery, specifically, the building of guitars, and I'm wondering which one I should frequent more?
Old 03-20-2013, 02:43 AM

Custom shop is more of a promotional section for professional luthiers while Build and Repair is more of a technical Q&A and amateur documentary section.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
What's the difference between the two forums(aside from what is obvious in their descriptions)? I've taken an interest in learning about luthiery, specifically, the building of guitars, and I'm wondering which one I should frequent more?
frequent both. although apparently more actual building going on in the custom shop.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:33 AM

I find it a bit confusing too. I kind of assumed that the Custom Shop place was for some forum user to show off a new custom guitar that he just purchased.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:52 AM

Both forums are whatever you make them, unless the mods move your posts from one to the other.

IMO, the keyword in "Custom Shop" is "shop." It's all about shopping.

gits: good and plenty
chops: snickers
Old 03-20-2013, 12:21 PM

I wouldn't dare ask the questions I do in the Custom shop that I ask in the B & R forum.

Get laughed right off the board.

B & R luthier pros and--- promising wanna-bes that are well on their way to a second, third and 4th build, are much more forgiving than the jet jockey "Blue Angels" over at Custom.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair