The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-30-2021, 01:34 AM

Default Emerald Guitars Builder into the 21st Century

Hi everyone,
I'm just wondering what everyone thinks about this builder - honestly, I think it's unreal. Right now I am in the process of building my 4th guitar and know exactly what I want, how it will look and how long it will take. I have used many custom shops in the past and never have I seen detail like this. The detail and options are second to none and with only one question I contacted support.

My first order has gone through for my first carbon fiber guitar, it's the X20 finished with a Koa veneer, black back and sides and this one I decided to complete with gold hardware.

My reason for the X20, I have always played my Martin and thought it was time to seriously move into the 21st century. Between warped necks and split wood, I have given up on fixing and repairing guitars.
I know other people here have bought Emerald Guitars in the past and I have been following you all for a while.
I have taken the leap, ordered and spoke with the support team at Emerald, to be honest never have I worked with anyone like them when buying a guitar. They really knocked it out of the park for me.

I look forward to my guitar arriving and can't wait to post here exactly what my thoughts are, I know I haven't played one before but the information provided and the answer to my questions really helped. It made my experience even more personal.

A follow up to come in 2 months and counting.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:46 AM

Koa over black should be stunning!

Welcome to the Emerald Club
Old 03-30-2021, 11:03 AM
Charter Member

I’m on Long Island with an X30 on order. Depending on where in NY you are, it would be fun to get together to get to play the different sizes. Mine is about 3 months out.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 03-31-2021, 05:37 AM

Lakewood have had something quite similar for a while now. I wonder if maybe the same sotware people wrote both, they are quite similar. No Emerald X10-7 on it yet, but they say that is coming soon. I'm looking forward to it.
Cole Clark Angel 3, Huon Pine & silkwood.
Cole Clark Fat Lady 2 12-string, Bunya & Blackwood.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber