The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-16-2017, 04:06 PM

All the opinions being said, there are quite a number of USED O32s for sale on Reverb.com and only one O25.....maybe the cedar tops stay longer?
But buying a used one can make sense....if you don't like it, moving it along won't cost you much.
And to be contrary, I prefer my Lowden O22 mahogany/cedar for fingerstyle! So try one of those too!

BluesKing777.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:50 PM
Charter Member

There's really no wrong answer. It's all about preference. I've owned both and both were wonderful...but I tend to lean toward cedar/rosewood. I just picked up an F25 and I don't think it can be beat for finger style. That being said, you may want to also consider an O23C. Lowden does walnut/cedar like no one else.

2004 John Osthoff AS-C
1992 Taylor (DCSM)Dan Crary Signature Model

Old 09-17-2017, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenpalms View Post
There's really no wrong answer. It's all about preference. I've owned both and both were wonderful...but I tend to lean toward cedar/rosewood. I just picked up an F25 and I don't think it can be beat for finger style. That being said, you may want to also consider an O23C. Lowden does walnut/cedar like no one else.

Ok. I think I want a rosewood guitar though.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:26 PM
Charter Member

I would give a hearty "amen" to the cedar / rosewood combo. I have owned a Taylor cedar/rosewood GS for 6 years ...and still love its tone and volume which it has plenty of. My most recent purchase of a bigger Taylor jumbo 518 with spruce / mahogany woods has more powerful bottom end...but I still like the cedar/rosewood GS combination better. Sorry about having no info on the specific Lowdens you mentioned.

6 string... Taylor GS7 Custom / GO 818e 1st Edition

12 string... Taylor GO 358e / Guild F512 (79)

Baritone…. Guild 258e (8 string)
Old 09-17-2017, 12:35 PM

Noticed (late) that you said there are not a lot of opportunities to try Lowden in the D.C. Area. I have a great f38. It is a spruce and cocobolo combination. It isn't for sale, but if we can work out a time, you are welcome to come by and play it a little. It should give you an idea of rosewood and a good idea of spruce. Can tell you I was looking for the Lowden sound and feel with less regard for material when I found this one and haven't looked back. Way too nice for me to think I should wait for another Lowden to come my way. If you think you would like to try it out, send me an email or a pm.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 09-17-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheyjeff2 View Post
Noticed (late) that you said there are not a lot of opportunities to try Lowden in the D.C. Area. I have a great f38. It is a spruce and cocobolo combination. It isn't for sale, but if we can work out a time, you are welcome to come by and play it a little. It should give you an idea of rosewood and a good idea of spruce. Can tell you I was looking for the Lowden sound and feel with less regard for material when I found this one and haven't looked back. Way too nice for me to think I should wait for another Lowden to come my way. If you think you would like to try it out, send me an email or a pm.

Jeff

Great, thanks! Just sent you a pm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
lowden