The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-28-2020, 03:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith.rogers View Post
Great job on one of my favorite Guy Clark songs. Thanks, and I'm glad you are feeling better!
Thank you Keith!

I'm glad you know this song and appreciate it! Thanks for your kind encouragement!

And I am feeling better, notably better in the last couple of days since I recorded this video, so that is encouraging!

You take care, too, Keith! Thanks for your good wishes and your kind comments!

- Glenn
Old 03-28-2020, 04:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHudson View Post
I don't get around to listening to everything folks put up here. I'm working on music for much of the day many days. My ears are busy or then they want to take a rest.

I don't think I've missed one you've done though, and then I'll have to say that I didn't get time to leave a comment often recently. I've felt that just saying "Good" wasn't adding any value.

I have fond memories of the Lovett album that took it's title from this song, and I admire the tasteful job you did with the more complicated arrangement here. Has anyone asked you about that Eastman that flashes on screen for a moment yet?
Thank you Frank!

I always appreciate your thoughts and comments! So thank you for taking the time. And I appreciate that you always take the time to listen to the stuff I put up in Show & Tell. There have been so many submissions lately that it's hard to keep up.

I, too, have been enjoying the "Step Inside This House" CD that I acquired only recently. It has been a revelation for me! Thank goodness you cannot wear out a CD!

That little Eastwood guitar is called a MandoCaster 12. It has a couple of single coil, Strat-like pickups in it. It's a 12-string but tuned as if one were to put a capo on the 12th fret of a standard 12-string. It's shaped like a miniature Telecaster. Because the pitch is higher than normal, it has a mandolin kind of sound to it, but because it's tuned like a 12-string, which I am used to, there is no learning involved in understanding where the notes and chords are. My wife suggested I buy this used instrument for my birthday, which happened at the end of February. So I have not had this for long, but I have used this on my last two songs. It was quite modestly priced. It's not easy to play because the fingering is very crowded on the fretboard, so chords have to be simplified to fit the old fingers in there. The sound of this MandoCaster is over on the left hand channel, a kind of higher frequency, sparkly kind of pattern, fairly sparse so as not to overdo the effect. I really like this little guitar!

The guitar is all electric with no usable acoustic sound, but I have lots of electric guitar stuff to amplify the sound of this instrument.

All the best to you Frank! Take care of yourself and your family during this crazy time!

- Glenn
Old 03-29-2020, 01:41 PM

Glenn, I really enjoyed this one. Ive seen Lyle sing it and tell a Guy Clark story. You sound great and glad you are feeling better. My wife and i have been fighting some bug now into the third week.

bowerman custom OM 28 style
breedlove oregon OM SMYe
breedlove 000-M deluxe revival
breedlove mc revival OM/AR deluxe (2)
yamaha ls 11 spruce hog mit
yamaha fg 152 spruce hog mij
yamaha fg 110 spruce agathis (tan) mit
yamaha fg 150 spruce (red) (sold)
yamaha fg 75 spruce (red) (sold)
Old 03-29-2020, 02:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by started with 1 View Post
Glenn, I really enjoyed this one. Ive seen Lyle sing it and tell a Guy Clark story. You sound great and glad you are feeling better. My wife and i have been fighting some bug now into the third week.
Hi Started!

Thanks for your thoughts and comments! I'm sorry you and your family are fighting this or a similar virus. I'm in my 4th week of whatever I am fighting, but I am rapidly improving now. My wife is improving, too, though she is about a week behind me on this virus.

I'm glad you know this song and feel that it came out well! I sure appreciate your listening and taking time for commenting!

- Glenn
Old 03-30-2020, 06:43 AM

Thanks for this Glenn - one of my favourite LL songs and written by another favourite in GC. I think that it’s also my favourite LL album too!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A...2TVEhWes2Djrig
Old 03-30-2020, 07:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
Thanks for this Glenn - one of my favourite LL songs and written by another favourite in GC. I think that it’s also my favourite LL album too!
Hi Wrighty!

Thanks for your thoughts and comments. I am glad to find another Lyle Lovett fan. I, too, have enjoyed his "Step Inside This House" album a great deal. It has been a revelation to me.

Thanks for taking the time to watch and listen!

- Glenn
Old 03-30-2020, 05:34 PM

Default Nice job!

Never heard the song but loved it. Just a thought, have you ever thought about doing “Pacing the Cage” by Bruce Cockburn?
Old 03-30-2020, 07:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutmiester View Post
Never heard the song but loved it. Just a thought, have you ever thought about doing “Pacing the Cage” by Bruce Cockburn?
Hi Troutmiester,

Thank you very much for watching and listening and taking time to comment! I'm so glad to read that you enjoyed this!

I have never followed Bruce Cockburn's music so I don't know "Pacing the Cage." I probably have missed some great music! I will go look this song up on YouTube and see what I have been missing!

Thanks for the suggestion! Stay and be well!

- Glenn
Old 03-30-2020, 07:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutmiester View Post
Hi again Troutmiester!

Well, I like that ("Pacing the Cage.")! I will give this a try! Cool! A new song!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell