The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-06-2023, 09:58 AM

User comments: I've had the Everse 8 for about a month os so. Used it for cocktail hour and ceremonies. The sound is phenomenal. I've had the JBL Eon 1, sold it ! I have the Mackie Thump GO. there is no comparison. The features that stands out is the sound, and the controls compared to the JBL. There is nothing I dislike about this speaker !

I’ve used the JBl Eon Compact and the Bose S1. This EV Blows them away. And really it’s all because of the app. I’ve had problem with the JBL and the Bose with sound quality, control in the app and linking. Not so with the EV. The app is amazing and the bluetooth connection is super reliable. I controlled this EV at a distance of 100’ with no dropout at all. Streaming music from my phone and controlling the speaker with my phone through the app, it worked flawlessly. The built in effects are quality. I’ve had problems with all other models. The weight of this unit is superior. Thanks EV for developing this reliable platform!
Old 02-06-2023, 11:02 AM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=wweiss;7184872]The built in effects are quality. I’ve had problems with all other models. The weight of this unit is superior.

I agree with your report.

My first better quality acoustic amp was an AER compact 60 which I owned for 9 years.It was excellent as well, weighing lighter than the EV.But no portable option and the effects were very limited.

So for half of the cost of an AER compact 60 the Everse is a superior product.

My only reservation is the overall reliability, which in my experience has been a standard trait with any electronic component made in China....
Old 02-06-2023, 12:19 PM

[QUOTE=guitargabor;7184931]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wweiss View Post

for half of the cost of an AER compact 60 the Everse is a superior product.

My only reservation is the overall reliability, which in my experience has been a standard trait with any electronic component made in China....
That is the reason why I didnīt put my couple of Aer on sale...yet
Gibson SJ200,Martin OM28V,D18GE custom,000-18 2015,J12-15,Yamaha L25A,L20A,FG350W,FG441S-12,SLG200S,Taylor GSMini mahogany,National M1 tricone,Eastman E10ss/v,Gretch Honey Dipper,Harp Guitar,FenderStratocaster,Line 6 300/600/700 acoustic,W Rees Aberdeen meadows Harp,Fullsicle Harp,2 sitars,more instruments and guitars
Old 02-06-2023, 02:00 PM

[QUOTE=Paoli;7184991]
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitargabor View Post

That is the reason why I didnīt put my couple of Aer on sale...yet
That’s a ridiculous complaint. Almost everything is made in China including iPhones and every phone people use to post here.
Old 02-06-2023, 02:13 PM

What is ridicolus about that?? I personally know people whose Bose S1 failed them after a few weeks.I used my AERs for 10 years for at least five gigs a week and they never failed me.When there are electronics involved things can go wrong much more easily and I had a few iphones that behaved very erratically.I used my EV for gigs and busking at least five times a week since I got it two months ago and so far so good but still is a new product and I wonīt get rid of some reliable backups for a long while Mr know it all.
Gibson SJ200,Martin OM28V,D18GE custom,000-18 2015,J12-15,Yamaha L25A,L20A,FG350W,FG441S-12,SLG200S,Taylor GSMini mahogany,National M1 tricone,Eastman E10ss/v,Gretch Honey Dipper,Harp Guitar,FenderStratocaster,Line 6 300/600/700 acoustic,W Rees Aberdeen meadows Harp,Fullsicle Harp,2 sitars,more instruments and guitars

Last edited by Paoli; 02-06-2023 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-06-2023, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paoli View Post
What is ridicolus about that?? I personally know people whose Bose S1 failed them after a few weeks.I used my AERs for 10 years for at least five gigs a week and they never failed me.When there are electronics involved things can go wrong much more easily and I had a few iphones that behaved very erratically.I used my EV for gigs and busking at least five times a week since I got it two months ago and so far so good but still is a new product and I wonīt get rid of some reliable backups for a long while Mr know it all.
It’s ridiculous because it pushes this idea that somehow something is bad based off of very generic information. I don’t know anyone who has had Bose failures. In fact, a good friend had a bose tower since the day it came out and it lasted until about 2 years ago. Anecdotal stuff.
Old 02-07-2023, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackPomerleau View Post
It’s ridiculous because it pushes this idea that somehow something is bad based off of very generic information. I don’t know anyone who has had Bose failures. In fact, a good friend had a bose tower since the day it came out and it lasted until about 2 years ago. Anecdotal stuff.
What I find ridicolous it is reading things that aint even there,nobody said that anything is bad.I donīt know about you but playing is how I earn my living and I have to stay on the safe side of things.The anedoctal fact that you have a friend whose Bose never failed doesnīt mean that anybody else could not have had directly or undirectly a Bose or whatever failing.The Everse 8 itīs a great little amp but still didnīt pass through the test of time.

Last edited by Paoli; 02-07-2023 at 02:13 AM.
Old 02-07-2023, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paoli View Post
What I find ridicolous it is reading things that aint even there,nobody said that anything is bad.I donīt know about you but playing is how I earn my living and I have to stay on the safe side of things.The anedoctal fact that you have a friend whose Bose never failed doesnīt mean that anybody else could not have had directly or undirectly a Bose or whatever failing.The Everse 8 itīs a great little amp but still didnīt pass through the test of time.
To be fair you also shared anecdotal evidence. And this is also how I make my living.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackPomerleau View Post
To be fair you also shared anecdotal evidence. And this is also how I make my living.
Fair enough
Old 04-23-2023, 09:37 AM

I ordered EV8 and have JBL EON One MK2. I think sell EON, because it weight about 20kg. I play Electric/acoustic guitars and sing. Also sometimes use backing tracks or BOSS RC-500 looper. I gig in clubs. Can EV8 replace EON One MK2?
Old 04-23-2023, 11:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo_ View Post
I ordered EV8 and have JBL EON One MK2. I think sell EON, because it weight about 20kg. I play Electric/acoustic guitars and sing. Also sometimes use backing tracks or BOSS RC-500 looper. I gig in clubs. Can EV8 replace EON One MK2?
Depends on the club! The JBL is more powerful than the Everse8, and though I don't have the specs in front of me, its dispersion is probably a lot better too. The Everse is great, don't get me wrong, and more powerful than similar kit like the Bose S1--I'll probably buy one this year. You'll sound great through it. But it can't equal the JBL in sheer volume and impact.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification