The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-16-2021, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post

No, I still don't like them - a carryover from when they were in the Packers division back when Favre was quarterback.
Not following here...
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 01-16-2021, 05:14 AM
Charter Member

QB’s galore. Four great old QBs, three great and one real good young QB’s. For my money, Rodgers and Mahomes are by far the best playing today and aId love to see them face off in the Supe. Rodgers has been the most enjoyable QB to watch play for basically his whole career and Mahomes is right there with him today. Mahomes is gonna get his share, but I’d really like to see Rodgers get one more Super Bowl win. He was hindered most of his career by mediocre teams and bad coaching, but he finally found the right coach in his dotage and he needs another Super Bowl to be considered as great as he clearly has been.

Brady and Brees are still efficiently great, but not much fun to watch. Josh is a Big Ben type of big, tough QB, and on a good team. Goff is a good QB with a great coach, and he may sneak over the hump one of these years, but not this one. Mayfield is getting really good, but I don’t see them getting by KC. If Beckham was healthy, maybe, but he’s not playing... Lamar’s an insane talent, but he’s not consistently great yet and I don’t see them getting past KC.

My heart says Green Bay vs KC. My head says New Orleans vs KC. Both my head and heart say KC wins again. But I’d love to see Rodgers win another one. Or two. I’ve never been a Packer fan (I was a little kid in Baltimore worshipping Unitas and Berry - the Packers were the hated rivals who were a little too good), but I like Rodgers so much I’ve become a temporary Pack fan during his tenure, and he’s still insanely great. That guy throws like a magician.

-Ray

Last edited by raysachs; 01-16-2021 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-16-2021, 05:44 AM

Default NFL

TV on mute, stereo on. Tony Romo drives me nuts, never stops yakking.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:04 AM

TV on MUTE-------people think we're crazy, but that makes a completely different watching experience without those "talking heads"! Sometimes I turn on the sound briefly to hear what the ref has to say.

Fog
Old 01-16-2021, 09:56 AM

I'll be watching all the games this weekend, with the Packers game being my primary interest. I'll call it 35-17 Pack. I'm 20 miles south of Green Bay and we were supposed to get snow from Thursday night through this morning. Instead , it stayed above freezing and it was mostly rain. Currently 34 and cloudy, so the field could be a bit sloppy.

2005 Gibson J-45
1985 Guild D17
2012 Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Old 01-16-2021, 06:57 PM

One more game at Lambeau this season! great game with the Packers dominating time of possession and and all the other team stats.

I'll take Bills, Chiefs and Saints for the rest of the weekend.

2005 Gibson J-45
1985 Guild D17
2012 Fender Am. Std. Stratocaster
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Old 01-16-2021, 11:10 PM

How about them Bills! Well played and well coached and just enough wind off the lake to pull through! I like the Bills. And I pray a lot.
Old 01-17-2021, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
How about them Bills! Well played and well coached and just enough wind off the lake to pull through! I like the Bills. And I pray a lot.
Yes, very nice performance by the Bills last night. They shut down Lamar completely and, ultimately, knocked him out of the game. I don't think they've got the firepower to beat the Chiefs, but they looked very strong just the same. Good to see the rebirth of that franchise.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Spivey View Post
I'll be watching all the games this weekend, with the Packers game being my primary interest. I'll call it 35-17 Pack. I'm 20 miles south of Green Bay and we were supposed to get snow from Thursday night through this morning. Instead , it stayed above freezing and it was mostly rain. Currently 34 and cloudy, so the field could be a bit sloppy.
32-18 Green Bay ... your prediction was spot on. Glad to see Rodgers get another chance in the Conference Championship game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
Let's hope the Browns can pull of a major upset and the Bills can host the Conference Championship game.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Let's hope the Browns can pull of a major upset and the Bills can host the Conference Championship game.
....that will take some heavy duty hoping boss!....still..the Browns are playing with house money at this point and will no doubt be playing balls out....the Bills otoh are fully legit in my estimation and will not be intimidated should they face KC as is expected....hopin old man Brady gets a shot at Rogers and company next week...not that I dislike New Orleans....would just like to see Brady to put an exclamation point on his GOAT status...
Old 01-17-2021, 10:02 AM

The Packers victory over the Rams was quite impressive.
Dominant might be a better word. This could be the year for Rodgers and the Packers. Now that my team is out, I'll be pulling for the Browns and Bills.
Best of luck to those that that still have teams competing.
Sunday should offer more good football.
Old 01-17-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whd28 View Post
TV on mute, stereo on. Tony Romo drives me nuts, never stops yakking.
That reminds me of the days in DC when Sonny Jurgensen was doing the color commentary on WMAL radio for the 'Skins. We'd watch the TV with sound down and turn up the radio to catch Sonny.

Ha! Good times, even when the team wasn't.
Old 01-17-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
2 extra minutes per quarter? I know they want the extra revenue but it's not like the NFL isn't a money making machine. It's going to be like MLB where it's all commercials.
Totally agree. I have found these games practically unwatchable because of all the interruptions. The regular season games were bad enough. The playoffs are terrible.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:01 PM

Browns wasted a good opportunity when Mahones got injured. But good season for them nonetheless.

This Saints vs Bucs game is not disappointing at all.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:19 PM

Brady vs Brees, end of the 3rd, tied at 20-20. Man, I knew this one was gonna be a toss up!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic