The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-05-2021, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
Congrats! Btw if you haven't try the Bass setting for clean and piezo on thr30ii. It actually does a really nice job and I like it better than some of the acoustic options.
That’s so funny as I was just messing around with the Bass setting. I don’t tend to like the Modern tone switch (don’t know what to call it), but I love it with the Bass setting.

OMG...so many cool sounds out of one guitar!
Emerald X30 Woody
Traveler EG-1 Custom
Old 02-05-2021, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
It makes sense, Carol. Try both jacks (one at a time) with different amp settings. Have fun!
Oh, I have been doing just that! So many cool sounds. I just wish I could actually play already! It’s going to be a long, fun road...
Emerald X30 Woody
Traveler EG-1 Custom
Old 02-05-2021, 06:58 PM
Charter Member

Congrats! That PRS is a beauty, and the THR30ii is loads of fun. Yes, that should keep you entertained for a very long time. Keep us posted.
Old 02-05-2021, 07:07 PM

PSA: When Charlie Kaman marketed the first viable acoustic-electrics in the mid-60's, it was with the assumption that they would be used with the typical pro/semi-pro amplification of the day - meaning a mid-/high-powered American-voiced tube combo with a 12"/15" speaker (or two) - and IME they still sound their best when used that way, as the natural rolloff over ~5kHz and characteristic midrange response eliminate most, if not all, of the nasty piezo artifacts (brittle "nails-on-a-blackboard" highs, nasal midrange, "quack") the current generation of "acoustic" amps and modern PA systems reproduce all too well . When/if you get the opportunity, run your new acquisition single-cable/mix-jack through the low-gain input of a blackface Fender Twin/Deluxe Reverb - I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised...
Old 02-06-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
Oh, I have been doing just that! So many cool sounds. I just wish I could actually play already! It’s going to be a long, fun road...
Make sure when you use the 'regular' output jack that you set the amp to a nice overdriven tone, i.e. with some distortion. Beautiful tones.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars