The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-24-2021, 09:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty View Post
Thanks Derek, current treatment is per pic below;

2 large 1.4 x 1.4m panels on each wall into the corner I face
4 x 60 x 60 panels sitting on top of them
2 x 1.2 x 0.6 panels behind the mics

What else would you recommend I consider to achieve better low/mid clarity?

Attachment 45197
One thing you might try (may make a noticeable difference, may not) is rotate your sitting position 180 degrees and back in a bit closer to the treated corner.

As far as the technique of placing one mic over the shoulder, I first encountered it when recording some demo songs in Nashville
It is a technique often used in Nashville for recording Acoustic guitar... BUT as it was explained to me at the time , the acoustic guitar is most often use as a foundational element in the rhythm section (not as a featured element) and is like the foundation on a structure while it is a basic element, but it is not really meant to be specifically noticed or featured . And the way the acoustic was mixed in my demos it was in fact not really noticed, unless it was bypassed

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 01-24-2021, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
One thing you might try (may make a noticeable difference, may not) is rotate your sitting position 180 degrees and back in a bit closer to the treated corner.

As far as the technique of placing one mic over the shoulder, I first encountered it when recording some demo songs in Nashville
It is a technique often used in Nashville for recording Acoustic guitar... BUT as it was explained to me at the time , the acoustic guitar is most often use as a foundational element in the rhythm section (not as a featured element) and is like the foundation on a structure while it is a basic element, but it is not really meant to be specifically noticed or featured . And the way the acoustic was mixed in my demos it was in fact not really noticed, unless it was bypassed

Thanks Kev - I’ll give that a try and report back!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A...2TVEhWes2Djrig

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD