The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-19-2020, 05:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilca View Post
I will chime in. I just bought an used 2015 Eastman HE222CE. Love it, this is my new main play guitar. Similar to the AC222CE but, has rosewood bridge and fingerboard made for sale at some guitar store. The grand auditorium body fits me and it has solid rosewood back and sides with solid spruce top. Oh and electrics too. Everything I was looking for in one package. Now if they made a 12 string.....
Here you go: https://www.eastmanguitars.com/ac330

MAP Price: $850
Old 08-19-2020, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
Here you go: https://www.eastmanguitars.com/ac330

MAP Price: $850
You are killing me ; )

I looked this over but, it is a jumbo body. Grand auditorium is my limit on big bodies. Wow, solid wood 12 string for $850 is sweet.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:55 PM

Default Best sound ever!

I bought an AC-122 GA on CL, later found out it was one of the first 100 AC-122's ever made back in 2010. Oh what a sound. One strum of the guitar sold me.

So for some strange reason I thought I would upgrade it to another Eastman at a local music store, and I handed to the guy to give me a value for it while I went into the guitar room to find a "better" Eastman.

He played it a few times, then comes walking back into the show room shaking his head in disbelief. "Why are you trading this in?" he asks with disbelief. "THIS is the sound everyone's looking for when they come in for a new guitar!"

Needless to say, I did not trade it in and still have it.
Old 11-20-2020, 03:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardycreek1 View Post
I bought an AC-122 GA on CL, later found out it was one of the first 100 AC-122's ever made back in 2010. Oh what a sound. One strum of the guitar sold me.

So for some strange reason I thought I would upgrade it to another Eastman at a local music store, and I handed to the guy to give me a value for it while I went into the guitar room to find a "better" Eastman.

He played it a few times, then comes walking back into the show room shaking his head in disbelief. "Why are you trading this in?" he asks with disbelief. "THIS is the sound everyone's looking for when they come in for a new guitar!"

That's a wonderful story. I am LOVING my E10OM. Eastman really makes great instruments.
50th Anniversary Fender Am Std Strat.
Gretsch 6120 Nashville Players in Blue.
Line 6 Helix.

If I played as much as I read threads, I'd be a pro....
Old 11-21-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardycreek1 View Post

Great shop owner! More interested in your enjoyment of playing a great acoustic guitar than making a sale.

1998 Very Sweet Wife
2000 Cute Daughter (Grand Concert)
2005 Handsome Son (Dreadnought)
2007 Lovely Daughter (Parlor)
2017 Cute Puppy (Duke the Uke)
Old 11-21-2020, 08:22 AM

Just bought myself an E10SS, I can not believe how good this guitar is, it plays so Welland the sound, my god, it's the sound I've been looking for for so long, almost like a cross between a Martin dread and Gibson dread sound. With it having an ADI top to, I can't imagine how good it will sound once the top really opens up.

Fantastic instruments, I think Ive been converted to Eastman, I'll definitely be trying out more if their guitars. I'd played lots of Martin s, Gibson's, Taylor's ect as price was not an issue, but it was the Eastman that had that sound I was after and stole my heart.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Soul View Post
...for you.

If its not a Martin or Gibson it wont be a lifetime guitar for you.

Other people have the good sense to look outside the box and see the infinite other guitars out there that are a better fit for them.

There are luthiers out there making guitars that Gibson and Martin can only dream of.

This ^^^^^^^.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:05 AM

I just got an Eastman E20OM and am amazed at the rich tone and sustain. I had an HD-28 that sounded great, but it never had the sustain this Eastman has and was certainly not as comfortable to play as the Eastman. I've had pretty nice Martins and Taylors and doubt if I'll pay that much again for great tone.

The Eastmans deliver more than I could ask for what I'm willing to pay. I'm not saying Eastman is better than Martin, Taylor, or other well known brands. I'm just saying that I'm perfectly happy with what the Eastman delivers.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion