The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-24-2017, 08:58 AM

Default Volume Pedal placement?

I just installed a K&K Pure Mini last night into my 516 Taylor to replace an ES system that wasn't behaving well. Anyhow, I have a TC BodyRez and a Baggs PADI I am planning on running into (BodyRez has a 1M input which I believe works better with the K&K compared to straight into the PADI, based on what I have read).

I'm thinking I want to add a volume pedal to my pedal lineup now too just to have the option available, but don't know where to put it or which one to use. I have a "active electronics" version of an Ernie Ball Jr (25k pot) which is designed to run after a Preamp, but would this be ok between the BodyRez and the PADI? Or should it be run after the PADI? Or use an insert cable and run it in the effects loop of the PADI? Or do I need a different load volume pedal to work right?

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2017, 09:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodx14 View Post
I just installed a K&K Pure Mini last night into my 516 Taylor to replace an ES system that wasn't behaving well. Anyhow, I have a TC BodyRez and a Baggs PADI I am planning on running into (BodyRez has a 1M input which I believe works better with the K&K compared to straight into the PADI, based on what I have read).

I'm thinking I want to add a volume pedal to my pedal lineup now too just to have the option available, but don't know where to put it or which one to use. I have a "active electronics" version of an Ernie Ball Jr (25k pot) which is designed to run after a Preamp, but would this be ok between the BodyRez and the PADI? Or should it be run after the PADI? Or use an insert cable and run it in the effects loop of the PADI? Or do I need a different load volume pedal to work right?

Thanks!
Whatever Volume Pedal you end up using, I would think you'd want the Volume Pedal after everything else because that way you're controlling the volume of the way you want your guitar to sound.
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20
Yamaha FGX5
Republic Duolian/Schatten NR-2
Old 08-24-2017, 09:57 AM

I'd try at the end and then in the effects loop and see how each sounds....
Old 08-24-2017, 04:37 PM

FWIW, my pedal board has a Pog nano, compressor, distortion, PADI, ART tube pre, tuner, chorus, EB Volume pedal jr (passive), reverb, delay, noise gate, Looper.

I like having my volume pedal in the middle. For volume swells it works well. Also, my tuner is set up just running into it, and not out so I can "mute" when I tune also.

The setup happened in part by accident just trying to find space on my board.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification