The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-15-2021, 05:04 AM

Default thr30IIA and mic

hello
i have a yamaha thr30II wireless for electric guitar and i love it cos it is so easy to play guitar at home or in the garden or in a small place using gt10 wireless and the bluetooth backing track from smartphone. also the sound is great.

i'm going to buy the thr30 for acoustic, any opinion?
also how about a shure wh20 headset for the mic input?

thanks
Old 07-15-2021, 11:35 AM

If you get one, do an immediate firmware update. The original firmware had very little preamp gain - to the point where it was pretty much useless. The updated firmware adds a preamp gain control which almost everyone will need.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=618028
Old 07-15-2021, 01:06 PM

I've been wanting one but I have the THR10II, an AG Stomp, and too many mixers and PA speakers already to justify another $550 on the amp. Please let us know how you like it. I'll actually be using my THR10II this weekend at a gig.
Old 07-15-2021, 05:51 PM

I really like the sound of the THR30ii or THR30iiA posted at myself with a line out going to a Bose S1 Pro, or two line outs going to a pair of S1s. It makes for a tiny, but amazing sounding mini-PA.

I use the little videogame intended Rock Band Keyboard Stand the THR amp. It works great except for the unfortunate fact that it doesn't collapse for transport. Aside from that, it's perfect:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rock-Band-3...-127632-2357-0
Old 07-15-2021, 08:32 PM

One note about the Rock Band Keyboard Stand is that it works better if you put the top piece on backwards.
Old 07-16-2021, 01:24 AM

I would like to know what make you consider purchasing Yamaha THR 30IIA given that you already have the original Yamaha THR 30II? What features or function the new 30IIA can do / do better than the original one?

Grace Felix
L.R.Baggs Mixpro
Zoom A3

Trace Elliot TA40CR
Henriksen the Bud ten
Old 07-16-2021, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasfan1 View Post
I would like to know what make you consider purchasing Yamaha THR 30IIA given that you already have the original Yamaha THR 30II? What features or function the new 30IIA can do / do better than the original one?
just to have guitar and vocals
Old 07-16-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity71 View Post
just to have guitar and vocals
Yes, the only real advantage is the mic channel, unless you use a nylon string guitar and could benefit from that model. The other acoustic mic models and sound is basically the same.

The mic channel is a big deal if you are a singer /guitarist though. It makes it into a tiny PA that sounds really good in a living room or back porch concert or musicians get together.
Old 07-20-2021, 05:37 AM

i could be also interested in boss cube street 2, it has harmony on vocals, bluetooth, effects for both electric and acoustic, looper, outputs it sounds interesting. i would prefer a rechargeable battery though. do you know when will it be available in europe?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification