The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 10-05-2018, 04:18 PM

Default Peavey VK II 20W questions for trade

Has anyone tried this amp? I see a bunch of mixed reviews on the internet ranging from "best amp" to "worst amp ever". I'm intrigued by it because of the XLR mic output. Have y'all used the XLR before and is it a heavy amp?

I would use the amp for its clean channel so I can run my pedals through it. I do a lot of ambient sounds, heavy reverb and delay. I also use an OD pedal. I currently use a classic peavey 50 2x12 (too heavy for me and I need an amp that I can use in an apartment as well).

I would be trading my classic 50 for the VK, if y'all think I should.

Thanks and any help is appreciated.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:07 PM

I have a valve king 50 II combo. It works better with humbucking guitars than any other. Really noisy with everything else. Takes pedals really well in clean channel. The tube bias adjuster went bad in less than two years. Make sure to use only Ruby tubes in it though, all others introduce a lot of background static/hum to both channels. After breaking in the speaker it is a beautiful sounding combo. I think it’s under 35 lbs. I don’t think they are being made anymore.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:24 PM

Thanks! I went with the trade and I am currently loving the VK. Makes my life easier

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Tags
amps, electric, peavey, trade