The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 09-04-2018, 09:23 PM

Thumbs up Journey Instruments FF412C - Collapsible GA with roller case

Hi there fellow guitarists!

I know there’s been some chatter on our new Overhead First Class FF412C model, so I thought I’d make the announcement now that we have stock and are shipping. So here’s a video intro:

Here's a quick overview of what we consider to be the key features/benefits:

1. Full-sized Grand Auditorium Body with thick Manzer© wedge and arm bevel. 25.4” scale, 1 3/4” nut. The combination of wedge and arm bevel, make this a super-comfortable guitar!

2. Solid Sitka Top, Solid Sapele Back, laminate sides. We chose this structure over all-solid because it’s more stable in varying temps and humidities and less apt to split on the sides if bumped while traveling – yet tonally it sounds like an all-solid guitar.

3. Premium appointments: Grover tuners, Elixir strings, ebony pins, bone nut/saddle, included passive pickup. Matte finish as it’s less prone to scratches and easier to maintain when you travel.

4. Roller backpack carry-on case. Designed to fit (22.5*16.5*9.5”) in common carry-on bins and within newer guidelines by Southwest and other airlines. We had to add 2 inches to the width of the bag to accommodate the GA body, but this still remains roughly the size of normal carry-on luggage from other passengers. We’ve carried it on around 12 international and domestic flights without any trouble at all – even via HK international airport, which is very restrictive. The case accommodates larger laptops, case candy and has zippered clothing space and elastic pockets for 2 days of travel. We’ve even made the foam inserts beside the pull handle bar to be removable so you can add extra clothing if needed. Backpack straps and multiple handles as well.

5. Tone: We use stainless steel hardware with carbon reinforcement for our neck attachment system - so energy transfer is very good between neck and body. Volume-wise I’d say this is similar to a full-sized all-solid wood dreadnought. Tonally it’s closer to a GA. We’ve had professional artists who play $2-5k GA guitars prefer this to the guitars they were playing.

We have stock so PM us if you want to find a dealer – or go to our Find a Dealer page and ask for it. ☺

Product Page: https://bit.ly/2wMuQmS
Find a Dealer: https://bit.ly/2hByqeD

I'll be watching the thread for questions and comments
1950s Martin Baritone Uke
A prototype of something you're likely to drool over.

9 yr old boy learning drums, 5 yr old girl who likes to groove with the beat, a music-loving toddler, 1 patient and amazing wife.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Tags
grand auditorium, gs mini, journey, travel, travel guitar