The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-18-2015, 05:37 PM

Default GS Mini & LR Baggs Anthem

I'm hoping someone here can help. I'm looking at the LR Baggs Anthem for my GS Mini with interest in the full anthem. Do any of you happen to know if the controls for the full size will fit in the bracing on the mini? I've looked through the forum and elsewhere but I'm not certain if those who have the Anthem are simply using the SL version which has a single sound hole mounted trim pot. I'll have to order one in from online and would rather only order once if you know what I mean.

Chris

*****update: See below.

Last edited by Xtremca; 05-22-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:03 PM

My best response would be to give Taylor a call.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:49 PM

I've got a GS Mini with a full Anthem in it. Fits right in there, sounds great. It's a careful install, to make sure it sits properly. I can send a couple photos, if you like.
Old 05-18-2015, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemo6string View Post
I've got a GS Mini with a full Anthem in it. Fits right in there, sounds great. It's a careful install, to make sure it sits properly. I can send a couple photos, if you like.
That would be awesom. I'll send you a pm.

Chris
Old 05-22-2015, 03:25 PM

I went ahead an ordered the full LR Baggs Anthem. Had the afternoon off and installed it into the Mini HV. The controls fit just perfectly into the guitar and the installation went pretty smooth, despite needing to find out where any given tool was in the house. Sounds great and I'd recommend. Not sure what it sounds like in a live situation, but plugging into my small PA sounded like the guitar, just amplified. From my previous experience, sounds better than the ES 2. I especially like the ability to tweak between the UST and mic to adjust their blend. None of the traditional UST quack at all. As far as the stories I've read stating the parts affect the acoustic tone when going unplugged, well I guess those ears are much more detailed than I can here, as I did hear any noticeable change.

Now if I can only locate my dremmel tool so I can hollow my ebony end pin jack washer my neighbor made, I'll be set. Guess I'll have to wait till he's back in town to put that last piece in so the endpin is finished where I removed the Taylor strap jack.

Anywho, if anyone is looking for a good pickup, I'd recommend checking out the Anthem.

Chris

Last edited by Xtremca; 05-22-2015 at 04:07 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
anthem, anthem pickup, anthem sl, full size anthem, gs mini