The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 03-04-2023, 09:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
What have we learned here?
That it's a good thing you found the guitar forums to help get your life in order?
Old 03-04-2023, 11:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
That it's a good thing you found the guitar forums to help get your life in order?
I assume by "get your life in order" you mean spending our daughter's inheritance?
Old 03-06-2023, 12:39 PM
Charter Member

I got an e-mail this morning from Guitar Center, which made me appreciate my carbon fiber guitars even more! Their special is: a free set of D'addario strings with a set up. Also in the e-mail: "A set up is recommended every 6 months to account for wear, weather, and play"... every 6 months? I do a set up on my guitars, generally after I get them... as in: one and done. The only guitar I've owned that has seen more than one set up is the ES-335 that I've owned for about 55 years. It may be due again. Hasn't been necessary on any of my CF guitars.
Old 03-06-2023, 04:47 PM
Charter Member

I've never had a wood guitar that needed a second setup either, but they are not exposed to much. I'm picky about setups, so likely wouldn't use GC if it was CF or a wood guitar. Hard to imagine a CF guitar needing a follow up in 6 months.
Old 03-06-2023, 07:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
I've never had a wood guitar that needed a second setup either, but they are not exposed to much. I'm picky about setups, so likely wouldn't use GC if it was CF or a wood guitar. Hard to imagine a CF guitar needing a follow up in 6 months.
Well the only thing I've seen now on my second emerald is that the grey tusq saddles seem to be quite soft and like to wear grooves in.

I do see a new bone saddle going into mine within a six month time frame.
Old 03-21-2023, 12:00 PM
Charter Member

One of the "Facebook Memories" that popped up today on my feed was from 5 years ago: it was the day I sold the RainSong Shorty SLG-FE. I sold it through the forum here, and it sold within 24 hours. Loved the tone, didn't like the N2 neck, and my admiration for the guitar waned due to some unpleasantness with the dealer (nothing to do with this guitar).

Five years ago? Time flies when you don't know what you're doing. Just kidding - I like that saying. I knew what I was doing when I re-homed that guitar. It made room for the X10 that I was expecting Emerald to unveil.

Just reminiscing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber