The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 03-21-2023, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
That’s one hardcore Telecaster. Look at the through body string holes behind the bridge! Looks like Jeff took out the old Black & Decker and eyeballed an ABR-1 bridge and stopbar tailpiece, Les Paul style, to match up to the Gibson scale length neck! A perfect bucket list project, I say. We’ll compare notes at the end.

fd
Seymour Duncan built that one for Jeff, and then a few for himself too!!! I can just see Seymour with the Black and Decker You slay me Frankie!

Check these articles out...

The OG
https://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/s...f-the-tele-gib

A Cherry Red One...
https://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/s...y-red-tele-gib

If I was to make one, I would go with cherry red stain on African mahogany body, and nickel hardware, it would look total vintage Gibson. The birdseye short scale neck would have a big slab of rosewood for the fretboard, with a matching cherry red headstock! I would be a ridiculously cool guitar. The wheels are turning!
Old 03-21-2023, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Seymour Duncan built that one for Jeff, and then a few for himself too!!! ….
If I was to make one, I would go with cherry red stain on African mahogany body, and nickel hardware, it would look total vintage Gibson. The birdseye short scale neck would have a big slab of rosewood for the fretboard, with a matching cherry red headstock! I would be a ridiculously cool guitar. The wheels are turning!
I can see it now- Sherwood Green with Olympic White and raw wood showing thru the gashes. A matching CBS headstock with a black ebony fretboard and LP style mop trapezoids. Also all worn nickel hardware. A front forearm cut and top and bottom belly cuts, but one of those bodies they can run binding around even though it has the reliefs cut. I better start saving for this hot rod build!

I wonder if Fender would make me one of those “channel bound” necks? Hmmmm, I need to save more money!

fd
Old 03-21-2023, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
I can see it now- Sherwood Green with Olympic White and raw wood showing thru the gashes. A matching CBS headstock with a black ebony fretboard and LP style mop trapezoids. Also all worn nickel hardware. A front forearm cut and top and bottom belly cuts, but one of those bodies they can run binding around even though it has the reliefs cut. I better start saving for this hot rod build!

I wonder if Fender would make me one of those “channel bound” necks? Hmmmm, I need to save more money!

fd
now you're cooking with fire! yee haw

Last edited by rockabilly69; 03-21-2023 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-22-2023, 11:04 AM

\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
There's a certain refined Steve Howe vibe about that plank.

Bob
The one that Seymour Duncan built, or my abomination?

Last edited by rockabilly69; 03-23-2023 at 05:14 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars