The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-07-2019, 06:31 AM

Default Rainsong Shorty FLE=CH-OM

I am seeing a lot of love for the Rainsong Shorty! This makes my heart sing as I truly believe this is one of the best models that Rainsong has made. And just a friendly reminder, the CH-OM has the same specs as the Shorty without the nice appointments/abalone ring and sharks.

Getting ready to go see Momma after a few months as I was unemployed for four and a half months and I can't wait to see her and my twin. The Shorty will take the ride to Boston with me. I played for my twin on the phone yesterday, and Jed agrees, these Lifespan strings are just crazy great. Kramster we have to get together soon!!! John is going to install the Anthem SL at the beginning of February and I want you to hear her with these strings.

Have a wonderful week and enjoy all of your new arriving guitars!

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo
Old 01-07-2019, 07:33 AM

Lisa,
Have a good visit w your mom. I also, was happy to see all the Shorty love on your post. I sure love mine.

Which Lifespan strings are you using? I’ve been using Elixir Nanos (PB Lights) on Mine, and occasionally Retros, happy with both but curious about trying the Lifespans.

Let us know how the Anthem works out for you.

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2019, 11:34 AM

Love my Shorty, but like you said, if I was in the market for that guitar today, I'd be totally satisfied with the CH-OM. It's not the same guitar exactly, but it's got everything I would require. And (as I've said a few times before), I might even prefer the satin finish on the neck that the CH series has.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:29 PM

I too use the Elixir PB lights on my shorty. Curious about the lifespans? Might have to try those.
I also have a tonewood amp in case I want effects while traveling, easy to bring and works well, although just today I was enjoying the Shorty accoustic sound!
Have a great trip,
Old 01-08-2019, 08:01 AM

Ted sent me a free set of Lifespan SPs a few years back so it is not the newer versions. You will cringe when you first put them on. It's that bad. It took a good two plus weeks for them to settle in and now after a month they are fabulous. I was using the Elixir Nanos exclusively but I am in love with these strings. I am looking forward to trying the Retros.

Phoenix Guitar Co. Custom Classical Guitar
Rainsong Shorty FLE
Pre Peavey Cargo

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber