The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-22-2019, 03:24 PM

Default NGD - Cordoba Master Series Hauser

I've never owned a spruce top classical before. Always had cedar tops. The closest I could come was my Taylor 414 nylon, but that's really a crossover and a fairly quiet guitar at that. We'll get acquainted this weekend. Will try to post pictures by Monday. Between now and then, I'll also be distracted with high school/college/pro football.
2013 Taylor 214
2013 Martin D-17M
2014 Taylor 516e
2014 Taylor GS Mini Hog
2015 Taylor 324e
2015 Taylor 414ce-N
2015 Taylor Custom GA 12 fret
2015 Taylor 612ce 12 fret
2016 Taylor T5 Custom AA koa
2017 Taylor 712ce 12 fret LTD
2018 Taylor K22ce 12 fret LTD AA Koa
2019 Cordoba Master Series Hauser Ltd.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwasichu View Post
I've never owned a spruce top classical before. Always had cedar tops. The closest I could come was my Taylor 414 nylon, but that's really a crossover and a fairly quiet guitar at that. We'll get acquainted this weekend. Will try to post pictures by Monday. Between now and then, I'll also be distracted with high school/college/pro football.
Very nice! I've been curious about the Master Series since they came out (being the Cordoba fan boy that I am). The Hauser and the Torres are the ones that have had most of my attention. I've owned many Cordobas ranging from $150 to $2,000, but haven't yet laid hands on a Master Series.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:41 PM
Charter Member

I picked up a Torres recently and am pleased. It’s small body,640mm scale and 51mm nut are super comfortable to play. The sound is fantastic.
I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the Hauser.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:42 PM
Charter Member

Following. I actually just a few hours ago left a guitar center where I played a C7 that blew me away for it's priceppoint. I am considering a Cordoba quite favorably now.

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com
Old 11-24-2019, 07:57 PM
Charter Member

I have been very impressed with the quality for the price point of Cordoba guitars. I just purchased a GK Pro Maple body b stock, really enjoying it!
Old 11-25-2019, 12:46 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceciltguitar View Post
I have been very impressed with the quality for the price point of Cordoba guitars. I just purchased a GK Pro Maple body b stock, really enjoying it!
I'm thinking you mean the GK Pro blanca, which is cypress. The other GK Pro is the negra, which is rosewood. Both are excellent. The higher-end Cordoba which is maple-bodied is the 55FCE, which is great as well... but shallower-bodied than the GK Pros. I prefer the GK Pros over the two 55FCEs (maple and ziricote) and FWCE that I had. All were amazing guitars though. I just preferred the smaller neck profile and lower action of the Chinese GK instruments, to the Spanish ones.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRose View Post
I picked up a Torres recently and am pleased. It’s small body,640mm scale and 51mm nut are super comfortable to play. The sound is fantastic.
I’m curious to hear your thoughts on the Hauser.
The Torres is the Master series instrument that I've been most curious about. I like that smaller body. But I'll bet the Hauser is bigger and louder sounding.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Label View Post
The Torres is the Master series instrument that I've been most curious about. I like that smaller body. But I'll bet the Hauser is bigger and louder sounding.

I would think the Hauser has to be bigger and louder sounding based solely on size. But to that point I have a Kenny Hill Player 628 which, though a smaller bodied guitar, is larger than the Torres and has far inferior sound quality and sustain-at least to my ear. I don’t want to sound as though I’m not fond of my Kenny Hill Player. It’s a wonderful guitar and I’ve enjoyed it but it can’t compare to the Córdoba Torres- IMHO.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:41 AM
Charter Member

John, I still play the GK Pro Blanca (With Spanish cypress back and sides) that I bought from you almost every day. the new GK Pro that I just bought has maple back and sides.

“Cordoba-GK-Pro-Maple-Nylon-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-B-Stock-Polyfoam-Case”
Old 11-25-2019, 12:05 PM
Charter Member

I’ve owned one other guitar with maple back and sides, and I’ve seen pictures of many guitars with maple back and sides, and this GK pro definitely has maple back and sides. I was elated to find it, as I don’t know how many GK Pros were ever made with Maple back and sides.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:28 AM

I had a Master Series Torres and it was a marvelous guitar. Apparently very popular as they were unobtainable for a time.

Super easy to play. Big, sweet sound, beautifully made.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

Just from the comments on this thread I would love to play a Torres!
Old 12-02-2019, 07:24 PM
Charter Member

Well I'm hoping the Oldwasichu is enjoying the new Hauser.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:06 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceciltguitar View Post
John, I still play the GK Pro Blanca (With Spanish cypress back and sides) that I bought from you almost every day. the new GK Pro that I just bought has maple back and sides.

“Cordoba-GK-Pro-Maple-Nylon-Acoustic-Electric-Guitar-B-Stock-Polyfoam-Case”
Glad to hear you're still loving that! What a great guitar it is!

I had no idea that Cordoba was doing a maple thicker-bodied Luthier Series instrument. For a long time it was just the rosewood and cypress. I'm sure that maple sounds great. I would be curious as to your impressions of the cypress versus maple.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by offkey View Post
Well I'm hoping the Oldwasichu is enjoying the new Hauser.
Am definitely curious to hear the verdict regarding its tone and playability.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical